Root PW - Is secure to allocate OR have another method?

feliped2

Hi,

To create an Account Reseller via WHMCS, i need to enter ROOT password in Package options, no? Have another choice?

If NO have another alternative, to allow a creation of an Reseller Account, is secure to save ROOT PASSWORD (WHM/SHELL) in WHMCS? Why?

Hey,

No you have to enter in the root password to create an account, what other way is their? Passwords in the database are secure, hashed...

Also you don't have to TYPE IN CAPS..

From,

Adam

for simply account creation, i enter an Login off one Reseller Account...

But to create onde RESELLER account (with privilegies), i need to enter ROOT PASSWORD, no?

I know that PASSWORD are hashed...Hashed in what? MD5?

Hey,

You need to enter in root password because Resellers can't create over reseller accounts! As a web host you should know this...

You also DON'T have to TYPE IN CAPS...

From,

Adam

exactly that one with privileges root? (option "All Features (warning: root access)" in WHM privilegies off Reseller)...

If the account has root access, its not a reseller any more but rather a root account and it wouldn't matter if you put that password or your root account both have the same access!

From,

Adam

ahhh, ok! thanks....

no have any dangerous to anybody see or get my ROOT PASS, no??

Because if it is coded by Md5, this is possible to make a decode...i founded a feel pages that make this...

Hey,

The only danger you would have if someone was able to login to your admin area of WHMCS and view the page source on the server settings page. Other then that, when its in the databased, its two way encrypted to where its only de-encoded when trying to make connection to the server. Other then that, it says encrypted in the database.

If you really want to make sure your server is hacker proof unplug the Ethernet wire from it :P As long as your WHMCS admin area is secure (a good password that has numbers and letters) you should be good to go.

From,

Adam