Email Template Shortcuts

bradyb

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a document available that listed the email shortcuts that can be used in the email templates, similar to ModernBill, there was a document available that listed the shortcuts that were normally in square or curly brackets that parsed information from the billing system into the emails.

Cheers

BB

• WHMCS CEO

I'm not sure why people find these so hard to find - there's a been a few requests laterly asking where this is. On the email template page there is a button labelled "Merge Fields" which opens a window displaying them all.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Sorry, but I was one that searched the knowledge base and the manual and even a few searches in the forums that didn't yield any results. And "merge fields" doesn't sound like something you would really want to do in an email.

Anyway, it might be helpful to change the name of the button to something like "custom fields" or "View Variables". Maybe that would help. Either that or start posting "Read the Manual!" as I see it is in the manual. http://v3manual.whmcs.com/display.php?id=111