Is there a way to auto-populate a custom field?

weblantis

Hi,

On my website I provide a web design service based on the template they select. Each template has a unique template number.

Is there a way for WHMCS to automatically record the template number as part of the ordering process?

I do not want my clients to manually type the template number during the ordering process, because that would be like Amazon asking for the ISBN number once every time you try to buy a book.

So far I have successfully managed to pass the template number into the whmcs system by adding an extra variable on the product "Direct Shpopping Cart Link" itself,

Here is an example of how the link looks like for template number 23510:

http://www.weblantis.co.uk/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=2&tnumber=23510

Now what I am trying to do is get this template number recorded somewhere on the whmcs admin side. I thought one way I can do this is by creating a product/services Custom Field. Is there a way to automatically populate this custom field (by assigning the tnumber variable value to it) once my client completes an order?

Thanks in advance for your help.

The good people of WHMCS advised me of the following:

You could do this with the link alone by using the format

cart.php?a=add&pid=2&customfield[x]=yyyyy

where X is the custom field ID setup for this product to hold the template number from tblcustomfields and yyyyy is the template ID.

I have not tried. But I will have a go soon. Also I found a potential alternative solution via the use of a WHMCS addon called Quickbuy:

http://www.whmcs.com/members/communityaddons.php?action=viewmod&id=21

I have placed the order for this addon and I am waiting for them to email it to me.