support email piping probs

jonshost

Hi there. I'm really struggling to get my piping system to get support emails into the WHMCS system.

The piping did work, but doesn't anymore!

My general emails from WHMCS are set to sales@mydomain. I have set up email acounts for sales@ and support@, and have these coming to my outlook account. I also set them to forward to the WHMCS system

However, I logged in incorrectly, and the system sent an email about 'failed loggin' to my mail email account - sales@, which then piped it back into the ticket system, causing a loop of about 450 emails. This seems to have broken things, and I have no idea how to fix...

Also - are there any general rules, eg, should my general WHMCS email be different to the sales@ support@

should I have set up the forwarding pipe of my emails as well as the same pop3 account? or should I remove the pop3 accounts and just have the forwarding system - and have WHMCS notify me on a different email?

Many thanks for any advice.

Jon

it's version 3....

one of my problems was that I had an 'administrator' acocunt with the same email address as ones of emails getting piped into the support system, and notifications were being sent to that account - which semed to be cuasing a feedback loop....