Support Ticket customization

DELETECH

I literally just joined the community earlier tonight and i've been pouring over the documentation.

I will resume in the morning, but I thought I'd ask to see if I'm headed in the right direction with this.

Would it be possible to add javascript in a support ticket template?

I just want to setup a custom field and have a javascript timer populate it.

Second question, I was looking at the api to see if I could then create a billable item from that custom field using something customized from the api and a button or way to cause the script to execute.

When I looked at the api example, It talks about passing the password back as a md5 encrypted field. How secure is that though? I noticed it is doing a post to push the information to api. Since that post is not over SSL, that means any of the unencrypted fields would be viewable by any 3rd party that intercepted it. Unless I misunderstand how the PHP post call is working..

Thanks for any observations or advice.

-D