Would this be useful for people?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Would this be useful for people?

• Not at All
    • Maybe, but not for me
    • Yes this would be useful
    • Definitely... Hook me up now!!

Hi there,

This is my first time on the forum, so not sure if something is existing about this or not.

I currently work as a Development Coordinator for a Hosting Company. While alot of our development work is standalone, quite a bit of our work comes straight from the clients we have hosted with us through WHMCS. Currently we do alot of our task management for this work using the current Support Ticket system... however I find that this lacks a fair bit of functionality that would be useful/necessary for proper development task management.

What I was thinking... if noone is already doing it... would be to put together a module for Development Management in WHMCS which would be able to link to Client Data, Billing, and Support Tickets, but would stand alone as it's own system.

We're currently not in a position to be able to develop something ourselves, but would be perfectly happy to discuss this with someone who could develop it.

I imagine that we are not the only hosting company who also do development, and so I assume that this would be a really helpful module.

Let me know what you think :)

so your thinking of something like a project management system? We've been trying to find a solution for this also, however, we are not a hosting company but use WHMCS as a shopping cart for a service. Right now we are trying out WHMCSPM - which is doing ok but I'm sure there are much better solutions that could be built.

Thanks Bryan... yeah... I haven't actually used WHMCSPM, but it looks a little light on the necessary functionality. I can't find a working copy of it to test. I'll have to install it to check it out. But I agree... it looks like there could be a better solution required.