Auto Invoices (Billing Client) Paypal Subscription Issues

truz

Our company started using a new paypal address for payments. We needed our clients to cancel there current subscription and open new ones.

I see that the software (WHMCS) does not give Invoices when a Subscription is setup, it gives a Subscription ID and the payments continue coming out, but if the payment is not made (say the subscription was canceled) it does not make an Invoice of a past due balance. How do I go about setting these up so the client gets an invoice every month until the payment is paid and if the paypal subscription completes the invoice then updates as Paid and no balance is due (until next month when it comes due again) This way if the Subscription is canceled it fails, they don't get service for free as there accounts read and a $0 balance. Some of them tried logging into the account (1 month later) as WHMCS keeps suspending there account, they tried logging in to make the payment and $0 balance is showing due so they can't make a payment.

Thanks

• WHMCS CEO

You will need to instruct your clients to recreate their paypal subscription in the proper way - ie. by using the recreate subscription button in the client area when viewing the details of their hosting account. You can't send invoices for PayPal Subscriptions payments.

Matt

You will need to instruct your clients to recreate their paypal subscription in the proper way - ie. by using the recreate subscription button in the client area when viewing the details of their hosting account. You can't send invoices for PayPal Subscriptions payments.

Matt

Is it a "recreate subscription" button or a "pay now" button?

Matt

I still don't understand why it does not make an invoice. I use modernbill for my other business and when a payment does not process (subscription canceled or failed) it shows what's due and after x amount days being past due it will suspend there account. They can then make a "One time payment" or setup a subscription. The invoice will be created x amount of days before it's due and let them know it's due about a week before. If my clients have subscriptions setup, modernbill will see the payment was made and apply that payment to there account, if they do not pay it, it will suspend the account.

Are you saying WHMCS does not do the same type of invoicing? This would mean any client who knows there ways around WHMCS knows they can cancel service this month and continue using service for almost 2 months before the system will even catch no money is being paid and will also show a $0 amount due giving the client no idea what to do even if he wanted to pay. I would have to create an invoice for the Paypal button to even show so they could resetup the payment.

• WHMCS CEO

Why would they be able to continue using your service for "almost 2 months"? If you have WHMCS set to suspend accounts when they're overdue the users account would be suspended and they would soon know they hadn't paid. Plus they get emails when their subscription payment is not received on the due date. The reason for invoices not being generated in advance of subscription payments has been discussed on the forums before so just run a search for it if you want to know why it's done that way.

Matt