KBTree Knowledgebase Treeview Control Released!

kbtree_logo.gif

Our newest WHMCS add-on, KBTree adds a javascript-based, ajax-powered dynamically loaded treeview control to your WHMCS knowledgebase. KBTree is client-friendly; it makes navigating large knowledgebases very easy. KBTree is completely javascript powered and all subcategories are loaded on demand using ajax. Categories that are marked as hidden WHMCS stay that way, articles marked for clients only are only shown to clients!

kbtree_portal_expanded.gif

KBTree Knowledgebase Treeview Navigation Control Features

• Adds a treeview control to your knowledgebase.
  • Tree is inserted using a single Smarty template tag!
  • No complex template modifications required to use.
  • Fully javascript-powered; invisible to non-js browsers.
  • Displays all visible categories.
  • Displays all visible articles; hides private articles from guests.
  • Only top-level categories are loaded with each page; subcategories are loaded on demand using ajax.
  • Article lists are loaded on demand using ajax.
  • Tree auto-expands to current category / article.
  • Tree can auto-expand to any level by passing the category id or article id through the tag.
  • No duplicate links/content; invisible to search engines.
  • Uses standard urls; does require the use of SEF urls.
  • Administrative module shows client, page location, IP address, and user-agent.
  • Supports both standard WHMCS templates (Portal & Default)
  • Includes template modification instructions.

A complete list of all included features, product tours, and screenshots can be found here.

Pricing & Ordering:

Both licenses are owned licenses and include 1 year of support and updates.

Special Launch Discount: The first 10 clients to order this new add-on can take 20% off the cost of either license. Use code KBTree when ordering. This offer expires January 31st!

• 1 month later...

Announcing version 1.1.0 of KBTree, our knowledgebase treeview control for WHMCS. This release while primarily a bugfix, also includes a couple small new features.

Fixes in v1.1.0:

• Fixed charset issue with non-utf8 languages.
  • Fixed unwanted output and increased script efficiency in ajax.php functions by connecting to the database directly instead of initializing WHMCS to do it.
  • Added cache-control headers ajax response to prevent caching of tree XML.
  • Fixed issue with absulote URLs; KBTree now works properly with either.

New in v1.1.0:

• Fully XHTML 1.1 Compliant!
  • New tag parameters; cssonly and nocss.
  • KBTree CSS can now be added to site header using {kbtree cssonly} tag.

We've also released the v1.1.0 counterpart for downloads, DLTree as well. Pricing remains the same as the first post in this thread.

Thanks!

I love the mod, but due to lack of friendly urls, I will pass....

Friendly urls are not only about search engines, they are also easily readable human format as well making them easy to remember.

also if the user has Google Analytics installed, it will screw those stats all up as well.

Thanks for the compliment! Regarding SEF URLs, I honestly wouldn't worry about it. SEF URLs within KBTree won't do any good for SEO purposes because the tree is javascript-based and only initializes with javascript-enabled browsers. Since search spiders do not parse and tend to ignore javascript, adding SEF URLs would be of little added value, outside of the human factor, that is.

I have constructed compatible regex for duplicating the formula WHMCS uses to generate them, but haven't actually added it yet. I will add your suggestion to the feature set for the next release. :)

Just to explain with a little better detail... It does offer more than just human friendly urls....

Analytics data such as google analytics will get all screwed up because of your mod. While you are correct that the urls are not seen by search engines "well not most" google has for quite some time been parsing JS wether or not they use it is a different story.

Say I visit my site with your control and click one of the links... I am taken to a non friendly version of the URL... the analytics program then records this non friendly url... and now there are duplicate urls in my analytics data.

Now lets say we are using the ever so popular google analytics... whats this analytics may share data with google search? Him now we have duplicate published urls in google as well, whether or not they index it that way is also a different story. But they do parse it and collect it.

--Stephen

• 2 weeks later...

Announcing version 1.2.0 of KBTree, our Knowledgebase Treeview control for WHMCS. This release adds a couple significant new features; multilingual KB support and search engine friendly URLs.

What's New in v1.2.0:

• Added support for the WHMCS v4.2 multi-language Knowledgebase categories and articles.
  • Search Engine Friendly URLs match WHMCS SEF URL structure when enabled in WHMCS.
  • New smarty tag parameter; usesef which overrides WHMCS settings to either enable or disable SEF URLs.

Bug Fixes and Changes in v1.2.0:

• Fixed incorrect folder icon when no articles exist in a subcategory.

We've also released the v1.2.0 counterpart for downloads, DLTree as well. Pricing remains the same.

Thanks!