Default new account info email- whmcs login?

rbro

Question

I know I can create and modfiy this on my own, but why does the default new account info email not contain a link or login/pw info for the client to login to whmcs or am I missing it? Is the client's whmcs login/pass the same as the one for cpanel?

3 answers to this question

an email is sent with the client login to the client area .

after you create the account whmcs creates username and a random password for the cpanel login and then send them with the account creation welcome email.

Hmmmm...not for me. Maybe because I manually created the client in whmcs and then added the account? I'm going to guess that if I signed up entirely as a new client from the order form, the info would have been sent.

I found that when creating an account from the admin, and you tick the box to send emails, the password, username areas are blank.

I found it better to un-tick the send email box and then choose to send the email later after the account is created. Then it has all the customer info added :)