email admin gets from support, name is WHMCompletesolution

d33pa

Can anyone help me on how i can change the name of the sender once the ticket has been dispatched to a support admin email address, the from name in the email is WHMCompleteSolution?

Ill explain in case that doesnt make sense to you.

A customer submits a support ticket on my site.

The admins that are supposed to receive this email about the support ticket get the email, the email is from WHMCompleteSolution (myname@mydomain.com).

I want to change the name from"WHMCompleteSolution" to say Technical Support, My Company.

I did check out the email templates, but cant seem to find that option.

Using V3. Thanks in advance.

i do own a unbranded license!

When the customer sends an email or posts a ticket on my site, the customer receives an email from "my site" <support@mydomain.com> advising that the ticket has been submitted.

This ticket is then forwarded to the admins i have setup on whmcs. This forward is what i am talking about. My support dept see an email from WHMCompleteSolution <support@mydomain.com> with the support ticket information. When the support department replies to the email (not replying from the whmcs control panel) the header information is included with the reply and is posted. This reply that is posted is what my customer sees with WHMCS in the body.

I need to change this. It shouldnt be a big deal, especially if i own an unbranded license.

ok then go to Configuration ->>> general configuration and click "MAIL" from the menu and put your company signature there.

you missed something somewhere.

Joe,

The from line that whmcs sends to the admin and support personnel is "WHMCompleteSolution" along with cron emails. I too have searched for a setting to change this as it is easy to confuse with emails from WHMCompleteSolution's web site. All suggestions you have made do not affect these emails.

ok then go to Configuration ->>> general configuration and click "MAIL" from the menu and put your company signature there.

you missed something somewhere.

Joe,

The from line that whmcs sends to the admin and support personnel is "WHMCompleteSolution" along with cron emails. I too have searched for a setting to change this as it is easy to confuse with emails from WHMCompleteSolution's web site. All suggestions you have made do not affect these emails.

I concur.

Seems some of you are confused.

That email from 'WHMCompleteSolution' is sent to admins only. Unless you're trying to hide the fact you use WHMCS to them too, I don't see why this matters?

Clients get an email from 'Company Sales' or something similar depending on what you set it as.

Thanks,

Jay

That email from 'WHMCompleteSolution' is sent to admins only. Unless you're trying to hide the fact you use WHMCS to them too, I don't see why this matters?

Clients get an email from 'Company Sales' or something similar depending on what you set it as.

Thanks,

Jay

not confused at all!

if thats what gets me the answer to my question, then yes, i am hiding the WHMcompletesolution from my admins.

My support tickets get piped to 3rd party end-user support and they need to know whom it is coming from my company and not WHMCS (besides the obvious email address). Also, once they reply to the support email, by reply email (not via control panel of whmcs), then this reply will have the header information in the body. Yes, they can erase that part of the reply, but whats the guarantee that the 3rd party will always remember to erase that part of the email.

I dont need questions why im doing it, just reply if you know the solution, not talk me out of finding one (with all due respect).

It appears to me that the from address to the client is composed out of

company name department name [emailadress] as per the support department setup.

That works fine for me as I don't really give a toss if my 3rd party support sees that we're using WHMCS.

I know I'm not allowed to ask, but why would you, d33pa?

(please..., just for my :idea: benefit)

Cheers, Ozzie

Thanks,

Jay

Not confused at all! Like I said in my post, it is a little confusing since that is the way emails are addressed from the WHMCS.com website too. No biggie to us, but we would change it if we are able to.

not confused at all!

if thats what gets me the answer to my question, then yes, i am hiding the WHMcompletesolution from my admins.

My support tickets get piped to 3rd party end-user support and they need to know whom it is coming from my company and not WHMCS (besides the obvious email address). Also, once they reply to the support email, by reply email (not via control panel of whmcs), then this reply will have the header information in the body. Yes, they can erase that part of the reply, but whats the guarantee that the 3rd party will always remember to erase that part of the email.

I dont need questions why im doing it, just reply if you know the solution, not talk me out of finding one (with all due respect).

Sorry, was aiming my message at the person who thought the client gets the WHMCompleteSolution email, but I don't seem to see it anymore.

I guess the the 3rd party end-user support is valid a reason for wanting to change who it is coming from. However I'm pretty sure there is no way of doing it in this version.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an issue with this as well. not that I care if my support department knows what software I am using. But in my situation we receive about 700 emails a day from various different projects we are controlling. The only way I can have my email sent to the correct department is by the use of filters. I cannot set up the filter with WHMCompleteSolution unless it was a totally unique email being sent from that exact string. As it is not then I would really appreciate the ability to change it to something that is so I can avoid confusion of having the emails sent to the wrong place. It really makes things difficult receiving cron reports and everything else related to WHMCS with that exact string when using filters.

• WHMCS CEO
I have an issue with this as well. not that I care if my support department knows what software I am using. But in my situation we receive about 700 emails a day from various different projects we are controlling. The only way I can have my email sent to the correct department is by the use of filters. I cannot set up the filter with WHMCompleteSolution unless it was a totally unique email being sent from that exact string. As it is not then I would really appreciate the ability to change it to something that is so I can avoid confusion of having the emails sent to the wrong place. It really makes things difficult receiving cron reports and everything else related to WHMCS with that exact string when using filters.

And why can't your filter work of the subject of the message instead of the from name? Even when the from name is changeable, which it will be in V3.1, whatever you change it to will still be used for all the emails.

Matt