Domain order using PayPal subscription

Ricky

I just had a customer order a domain using paypal subscription, and whmcs failed to show any sign of the payment on the transactions page, and it didn't create an invoice for the subscription payment, as other subscription payments do.

The customer ordered a hosting package and chose to register a domain so it was all bought at once.

Thanks

To my knowledge , you can NOT create subscriptions for domain registration , which is logical :

paypal charges subscription 2 or 3 days after the subscription created which means , the domain already expired a year later , and what if you renew the domain in time (auto renew)and the client cancles his subscription ?

domains have to be renewed manually and after payment is received .

this is what i know from other billing systems and i guess whmcs is the same. which is a good thing.

• WHMCS CEO
To my knowledge , you can NOT create subscriptions for domain registration , which is logical :

paypal charges subscription 2 or 3 days after the subscription created which means , the domain already expired a year later , and what if you renew the domain in time (auto renew)and the client cancles his subscription ?

domains have to be renewed manually and after payment is received .

this is what i know from other billing systems and i guess whmcs is the same. which is a good thing.

No, WHMCS isn't the same. It sets up PayPal subscriptions for domain payments aswell. All payments can be automated with subscriptions.

Matt

I agree it's a great feature until you bring PayPal subscriptions into the mix. PayPal subscriptions pay the following day from my experience of the anniversary date of the creation. Therefore the customers domain would expire before payment is made :(

If I am incorrect, feel free to set us straight! :shock: