Total balance due

rbro

Question

14 answers to this question

You see how much they pay by payment term in Product/Services and view there. How much they owe...should be able to see this within Transactions

Not sure this is the answer I'm looking for. Yes, I can see how much they pay for a given package in products/services. Transactions shows me transactions, as opposed to total balance due. I can get close by going to the invoices tab of a client and manually adding up the unpaid invoices, but is there not a place to see the total balance due for a client?

How/where do I see the total balance due for a client?

Explain more because the balance due is the monthly amount. Are you referring to partial payments, or what? Your questions is vague and the answers will be the same.

The balance due is the sum of all unpaid invoices less any credits on an account. In other words the total amount that the client owes you.

Ozzie

I understand what rbro is talking about. I do not use WHMCS for hosting as of yet, my primary service is computer repair & networking. I'm just trying to offer different ways for a client to pay. Therefore during the month a client may have 2 or 3 invoices due. rbro is looking for a total balance Due for that client. I would also love to have this as a feature but for now I use Quickbooks online to track my invoices and Balances Due.

Hope this helps.

Wes

Yes....I know what the balance due is. My statement was for rbro to explain his question more....where do I see the balance. He has been told, but that is not the answer he is looking for. So, I asked him to give more detail so that he could get the answer he is requesting

I can't be any more clear on what TOTAL BALANCE DUE for a client means. It is self explanatory. It is not transactions, it is not credits, it is not the total number of invoices, it is the total amount of money owed by a given client at a given time.

How/where do I see the total balance due for a client?

Explain more because the balance due is the monthly amount. Are you referring to partial payments, or what? Your questions is vague and the answers will be the same.

I'll try to explain very clearly what total balance due means so it is not vague to you. A balance means an amount of money. If I give you $20 and you give me $10 back, the remaining balance is $10. So total balance due would mean the total amount of money that is due (i.e. "owed") to the host. Here's an example: Let's say Charlie Client signs up for a $10 per month hosting plan. After a few months goes by, he orders another domain name for $15 on the same day his monthly invoice is due. We attempt to bill his credit card and it gets declined. Now Charlie owes our hosting company a TOTAL of $25 ($15 for domain registration plus his monthly invoice of $10) Charlie's TOTAL BALANCE DUE is now $25. I would like to be able to see that amount in the client summary and it doesn't appear this is currently possible.