Quick questions with custom payment gateway module

jasonk3

I am creating a custom module for a new payment gateway that is not initially supported by WHMCS.

I am using the GatewayDevKit and just had a couple questions. I could not find any of the specifics in the documentation, so here I am posting.

- are all the parameters that are sent to the capture/refund functions already cleaned/etc ? I am assuming so, but just want to be sure.

- for the result array that is returned from the functions, are the only required variables that are to be returned are rawdata, status and transid ?

- if I add a new function in the module, are there any specific naming conventions that I should avoid? (i.e. modulename_* are reserved for whmcs functions, etc)? just want to be sure.

also, in the code, $cardissuenum is the CVV2 code correct? also, what is the $cardstart variable referring to (the comment

and lastly, the gateway returns a AuthCode and a RefNum. Which one should I store and return in the transid ? AuthCode?