CPanel sync contact email address?

DanielC

I'm looking for a way to sync the email address for a client to the .contactemail address in the user's home directories. Does anyone know of a "simple" way to do this?

Right now, I'm going to get a list of users per server. If there isn't a .contactemail or if .contactemail is empty, I'm going to query the database for the user on the server, then get the email address by userid. Then I'm going to write .contactemail with the email address.

Has anyone already done this?

I figured it out, but it's messy. On the server, I use perl to check the file's existence and some checking... Then it calls a PHP script to get the user's email address by checking for the username on the server in tblhosting, then I use another query to get the email address from tblclients by userid.

If anyone has another way, please let me know for the future so I don't have to make so many calls back and forth....

• 4 months later...