Missing orders/packages

rbro

We installed the whmcs demo about 10 days ago. One of the first thing we did was to create a dedicated server package and then a couple of test clients. We created about 2-3 orders using that package to test out the order form and such. Yesterday I logged in to see about figuring out how the configurable options work and the ded server packages were missing. Also the first 3 test orders we placed had somehow been deleted. The only people with access are myself and my sysadmin and neither of us know how this could have happened. Any ideas?

check your utilities admin log and utilities activity log. you will see when and from what ip address things may have been done.

...and who at your office just does not want to admit what they :oops:

I checked the admin and activity logs but I see nothing out of place. Very strange.....

These orders and the package did not just delete themselves. I had this issue way back on 2.4 near 9 months ago...the issue was because I was using html in the package description. Matt has since fixed this, and I have yet to have the problem again.

If you are on V3...I can assure you to the best of my knowledge that the package did not just delete itself. Someone either deleted them from the sys via the admin panel, deleted them via MySQL, or restored a blank db over top. However, if you could login then the DB was not replaced..unless you did not change the default password

These orders and the package did not just delete themselves. I had this issue way back on 2.4 near 9 months ago...the issue was because I was using html in the package description. Matt has since fixed this, and I have yet to have the problem again.

If you are on V3...I can assure you to the best of my knowledge that the package did not just delete itself. Someone either deleted them from the sys via the admin panel, deleted them via MySQL, or restored a blank db over top. However, if you could login then the DB was not replaced..unless you did not change the default password

I believe you. I'd just like to see some indication somewhere as to what happened. Shouldn't I see something in the activity log or something?

the activity log would hold the info, unless the DB was overwrote. Then activity log would hold only the info that was done within that DB.

I just did a test with a support ticket. The Activity log showed the ticket open, my response, and client response. I then deleted the ticket, but the Activity log did not show that the ticket was deleted.

This has made me nervous. I realize things like this don't happen on their own. It's entirely possible that I may have deleted a package and/or an order by mistake, while learning my way around the software, but there is no way that I deleted a package and then orders 1-3. So some type of automated function must have kicked in somewhere. I really need to understand exactly what happened, or at least the range of possibilities here. Does the activity log not show packages and/or orders that are deleted?

• WHMCS CEO

If a product is deleted, nothing relating to that product will function. That is why product deletion is not allowed when there are users with the product.

In regards to datahosts message, I was not aware of any issue with HTML code removing a package and I can say for sure any issue would not have been related to HTML code. There are no automated delete commands anywhere in the system - an admin must request the deletion of something.

Matt

If a product is deleted, nothing relating to that product will function. That is why product deletion is not allowed when there are users with the product.

In regards to datahosts message, I was not aware of any issue with HTML code removing a package and I can say for sure any issue would not have been related to HTML code. There are no automated delete commands anywhere in the system - an admin must request the deletion of something.

Matt

I'm the only admin who has been in there for the last 6 days. I'm sure I must have done something while experimenting and learning the program. I'm just trying to understand what it is that I did. If the only way to delete a package and 3 orders is to manually go in and delete them, I doubt very seriously that I would have done that. Is there not anything in the activity or admin logs that might give you a clue as to what could have happened?

I've been working with Matt on this. It appears that the orders weren't showing in whmcs, because they had been placed before any gateway was set up. The ded. server package must have been deleted by me, after I had switched the customer to a different package, without realizing I was doing that!