Few pre-sales questions

juhogrey

Question

Hello,

I sent the following questions to WHMCS staff but I also would like to hear customer opinions. I'm reconsider my billing application needs and I also sent similar questions to Hsphere and Modernbill.

Here are the questions. I hope you could answer as many as you can.

Billing:

1.Does WHMCS support overage bandwidth billing with cPanel shared hosting packages?

2.Does WHMCS offer complete support for PDF invoices? Are they downloadable in client area or are they sent automaticly to clients as attachements in emails?

3.Do WHMCS billing programs support EU VAT rules and EU VAT calculation?

4. Is WHMCS billing application able to show prices as tax included in order form? If not, are we able to modify the order form to show them so?

5.Is the billing application able to add late fee to over-due bills?

Support:

1.Does WHMCS support Enom integration?

Are basic functons as register and transfer supported?

Are we able to change nameservers and contacts trough API?

Are we able to lock domains and set auto renews trough API?

Are we able to edit DNS-records trough the Enom API?

Are we able to modify the API ourselves?

2.Does WHMCS support Kayako v3 integration?'

Does it have a login share function? If not, are we able to make one ourselves?

How intensive is the integration? Does it also support integration for kayako knowledgebase, troubleshooter, etc?

How dynamic is the system?

1.Does WHMCS offer an API to the billing system? How extensive it is?

2.How are we able to modify your billing system to our needs? (Client Area, order form, Admin interface, code modifications, etc)

Dedicated server provisioning:

1.Does WHMCS support dedicated server provisioning and selling in the billing application? What features does it have?

2.Does it support automatic bandwidth calculation with dedicated servers so that we are automaticly able to bill our customers from bandwidth overusage? How is this done?

3.Are we able to automaticly add MRTG graphs from our client's servers to client area so that our clients could see them?

4.Are we able to add automatic APC reboot login system to our client area so that our clients could reboot their servers automaticly? Or atleast add a link where they could login to the specific APC that they use.

Automation:

1.Can you explain me the process of how domain renewals are handled in the billing application. How are they done if client pays the bill in time (before the domain due date) and after the due date. How do we need to involve in this process and are we notified someh (as admins) if a domain is not paid and the domain expires.

2.Are clients able to order addon features (such as additional bandwidht, disk space, IP-addresses, databases, email addresses,etc) from the client area? Are clients automaticly billed for the order and the features installed automaticly to the server? If so, which features are and which are not? Are we informed somehow by a note or email if a client orders something?

Customer support:

1.What is the average response time in customer support and helpdesk?

2.What is the average resolve time in helpdesk issues?

6.Are we able to sell the license(s) we buy if we want to?

7. Where can I get modification help for WHMCS?

I really appriciate all your opinions and I'm eager to hear what you think about WHMCS.

9 answers to this question

juhogrey,

I am looking for the same info and have opened a new thread. Seems like we may be after the same thing and I wouldnt mind contacting you off this forum to maybe swap ideas.

Regards

blaze...I closed your thread because it was a duplicate of this one, and there is no need to have it open. You should have just waited for this thread to be answered, and not started your own. All you did was just copy this thread, and open a new one.

Hello,

I sent the following questions to WHMCS staff but I also would like to hear customer opinions. I'm reconsider my billing application needs and I also sent similar questions to Hsphere and ModernBill.

Here are the questions. I hope you could answer as many as you can.

Billing:

1.Does WHMCS support overage bandwidth billing with cPanel shared hosting packages?

overage fees are not supported right now as far as i know.

2.Does WHMCS offer complete support for PDF invoices? Are they downloadable in client area or are they sent automaticly to clients as attachements in emails?

the clients can view them via the client area, and see them as emails.

3.Do WHMCS billing programs support EU VAT rules and EU VAT calculation?

You will be able to configure tax zones based on a country and state. A tax zone can apply to all countries or just one country, all states or just one state within that country.

With the first release that supports tax, only "add-on" tax will be possible so products will be entered in the system excluding tax from their price and this will then be calculated by WHMCS based on the tax rate.

4. Is WHMCS billing application able to show prices as tax included in order form? If not, are we able to modify the order form to show them so?

Yes, they show

You can configure the system to add $x.xx after x amount of days for late payment.

Support:

Enom API Integration is included, and allows you to automatically register and renew selected domain extensions from your WHMCompleteSolution Administration Area. In addition to this, clients are able to manage the contact information for domains registered with Enom and change the nameservers from their client area.

2.Does WHMCS support Kayako v3 integration?'

Does it have a login share function? If not, are we able to make one ourselves?

Yes..custom wrote by AH-John. You can view the thread here

How intensive is the integration? Does it also support integration for kayako knowledgebase, troubleshooter, etc?

2.How are we able to modify your billing system to our needs? (Client Area, order form, Admin interface, code modifications, etc)

The system is encrypted with IonCube, so, modifications to the Admin side are not possibe. However, it is built on Smarty Template, so, you can create your own PHP and implement into system.

Dedicated server provisioning:

1.Does WHMCS support dedicated server provisioning and selling in the billing application? What features does it have?

Yes, Dedicated Servers can be sold in the system.

2.Does it support automatic bandwidth calculation with dedicated servers so that we are automaticly able to bill our customers from bandwidth overusage? How is this done?

No.

3.Are we able to automaticly add MRTG graphs from our client's servers to client area so that our clients could see them?

Via Custom Coding it can be done

4.Are we able to add automatic APC reboot login system to our client area so that our clients could reboot their servers automaticly? Or atleast add a link where they could login to the specific APC that they use.

Via Custom Coding it can be done

Automation:

1.Can you explain me the process of how domain renewals are handled in the billing application. How are they done if client pays the bill in time (before the domain due date) and after the due date. How do we need to involve in this process and are we notified someh (as admins) if a domain is not paid and the domain expires.

Do not do domains, so, I am unable.

2.Are clients able to order addon features (such as additional bandwidht, disk space, IP-addresses, databases, email addresses,etc) from the client area? Are clients automaticly billed for the order and the features installed automaticly to the server? If so, which features are and which are not? Are we informed somehow by a note or email if a client orders something?

Each package can be configured to the needs that you allow. Once this is done the bill is calculated, and that is the toal. You get emails on all orders, and view them in the sytem.

Customer support:

1.What is the average response time in customer support and helpdesk?

I have never waited more than 24 hours.
2.What is the average resolve time in helpdesk issues?
I have never waited more than 24 hours.

6.Are we able to sell the license(s) we buy if we want to?

Check out http://www.whmcs.com/resellers.php

7. Where can I get modification help for WHMCS?

You found the place..just ask and see what happens. You can also talk to Matt (submit a ticket) about modifications, and he can see what he can do. There is a cost involved, but his work is great.

My advice to you is download the demo, test it out, play with it, learn it, and get the information first hand. Other than that you can read the V3 Manual and get answers as well. We love to help, but ask that you please search first for others who may have asked the same questions as you have. Alot of these have been asked, and could have been searched for. I am happy to assist, but when you have 20 questions it can take time to get answers.

juhogrey,

I am looking for the same info and have opened a new thread. Seems like we may be after the same thing and I wouldnt mind contacting you off this forum to maybe swap ideas.

Regards

blaze...I closed your thread because it was a duplicate of this one, and there is no need to have it open. You should have just waited for this thread to be answered, and not started your own. All you did was just copy this thread, and open a new one.

Yeah, next time, I would just bump it if no one responded :wink:

• WHMCS CEO
Does WHMCS offer complete support for PDF invoices? Are they downloadable in client area or are they sent automaticly to clients as attachements in emails?

Yes, they are downloadable from the client area and sent as email attachments

Is WHMCS billing application able to show prices as tax included in order form? If not, are we able to modify the order form to show them so?

Yes, inclusive and exclusive tax pricing is fully supported

Yes, and you can specify the number of days after the due date the amount gets added

Yes, you can register, transfer and renew domains with Enom from WHMCS. You are your clients can also modify nameservers, the domain locking status and whois contact information.

There is no need for an API as you can just add your own code regardless. The templating system allows the client area to be customised 100% and you can even add your own PHP code to extend the functionality of the system. The admin area is not editable in any way at the current time.

You can setup dedicated server products with configurable options which alter the price like you see on all the major server selling websites - check out step 4 of the tour to see that feature.

No, it does not.

Are we able to automaticly add MRTG graphs from our client's servers to client area so that our clients could see them?

Yes, with a very simple template edit this can be achieved.

Are we able to add automatic APC reboot login system to our client area so that our clients could reboot their servers automaticly? Or atleast add a link where they could login to the specific APC that they use.

Again, because the client area is customisable you can add anything you want.

Are we able to sell the license(s) we buy if we want to?

Only if you buy reseller licenses.

Hope that answers at least some of your questions!

Matt