kashflow addon not quite right

mojowill

Is anyone else using the Kashflow addon?

We are currently trialling it with kashflow and was happy to see that it integrates with WHMCS however it just seems to do half a job making things all a little out of whack.

It has only synced paid invoices and overdue ones none that are unpaid (waiting payment)

it doesn't take into account credits on the account or refunds

basically it all look s a bit of a mess the only thing in kashflow is whmcs but it doesnt match up to our whmcs figures becuase of the stuff that is missing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, in the notes for the add-on it says it doesn't sync unpaid invoices. I don't know why this is the case but there must have been a reason for it.

For me I have actually turned it off. I use mostly PayPal. If I use the KashFlow add-on, it adds the invoice when it's paid and then marks it as paid within KashFlow - makes sense. But the PayPal importer comes along but you can't assign the PayPal transaction to the "right" invoice because KashFlow has it recorded as PAID already. For me having KashFlow handle the PayPal fees is more important than having the add-on add the invoices.

When the PayPal transaction comes to KashFLow, I just create a new invoice for that customer, then the fees and bank balance all match.

It's working fine for me.

I spoke to Matt about it and after a little investigation I have dropped using kashflow

Going to use Sage with Manual sync (ie copying stuff over manually)

I went from Sage which I found extremely frustrating to use to Kashflow. Sage is terrible with proceedural issues and stupid requirement when entering data into it's forms. For example entering a line on a bank receipt or purcahse order but then trying to clear that line is impossible. You either post the incorrect line or loose all the other lines you entered. Disgusting behaviour from software of this day and age.

I had to spend around 2 days every VAT cycle. I would get the VAT report from Sage then have to manually add up and calculate the VAT from my hosting invoices and purchases, with KashFlow and the PayPal importer I don't have to do that anymore, it all happens for me.

• 1 month later...

I am now using KashFlow and love it. The PayPal integration works well.

Would be interested to see how the WHMCS integration progresses, and if it can be used without having to disable the existing KashFlow PayPal integration, I would certainly use it.

I am sure we aren't the only ones that don't just receive PayPal payments for hosting or via WHMCS alone, hence would love to use both methods of integration.

Is there a changelog for development?

Many thanks,

- Vince