Credit Card Details Invalid - Authorize.net

VN-Ken

For some reason, when a customer tries to pay via their credit card it says:

The credit card details you entered were invalid. Please try a different card or contact support.

I have tried two different cards, both working, and I get this error. As well, after add a credit card on file, it will say the card type, and then "No existing card details on record" as if the card wasn't added.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Error in gateway report:

Action => Auth_Capture

Client => my name

Response Code => 3

Response Subcode => 2

Response Reason Code => 33

Response Reason Text => Credit card number is required.

AVS Result Code => P

Transaction ID => 0

Invoice Number => 7

Description => Invoice #7

Amount => 6.99

Method => CC

Transaction Type => auth_capture

Cardholder First Name => name

Cardholder Last Name => name

Billing Address => addy

City => city

State => the state

Zip => the zip

Country => US

MD5 Hash => w/e

Matt,

I can add the card in the client area, but t fails and gets deleted when I try and charge using an exisiting card. This leads me to beleive that ASE is working, and saving the card number right? The problem lies with the processor in test mode. I will try it again with test mode turned off and see if it still happens.

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue with the missing field info, and I don't know what to do at this point. Please, if you've found a way to resolve this let me know.:?

Error in gateway report:

Action => Auth_Capture

Client => my name

Response Code => 3

Response Subcode => 2

Response Reason Text => Credit card number is required.

AVS Result Code => P

Transaction ID => 0

Invoice Number => 7

Description => Invoice #7

Amount => 6.99

Method => CC

Cardholder First Name => name

Cardholder Last Name => name

Billing Address => addy

City => city

State => the state

Zip => the zip

Country => US

MD5 Hash => w/e

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Im trying to set up WHMCS with Authorize.net. Im egetting the following error when processing cards:

"The credit card details you entered were invalid. Please try a different card or contact support."

Even with this error, Authorize.net still processes the credit card (In Test Mode) when I get email confirmation from both Authorize.net & WHMCS admin. Will this still do the same in "Real Mode"?

I did go ahead and replace the credit card files in my template that matt provided to eliminate european cards, in which I don't accept.

Can anyone help me out to why its displaying invalid credit card but still processes through Authorize.net and not going to authorize.net on checkout? I have the option of "Select to automatically redirect the user to the gateway" selected in the configuration. Is this recommended?

Thanks for your reply in advance...

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone found any solutions to this problem? Our situation is very much like most of what has been posted here, except that we are able to run some cards. We have confirmed valid card data via another processor so the cards are not the problem. It almost appears that WHMCS is not accepting the card number as some sort of validity check but I don't know how to prove that.

It appears that a common theme to posts here is that Authorize.net is just being setup....is that true? Ours is also a new connection to authorize.net but we have run several hundred transactions already.

If anyone can at least confirm whether this is WHMCS's fault or Authorize.net's fault we could move on with life.

This is just an update for anyone that runs across this thread in the future. It seems that the error (in my case) was caused by a template update somewhere along the line. If you have made any changes to your creditcard.tpl file you should compare it carefull against the default template for your version. In my case, the line with the error was one that I did not change which implies that something else changed after I started editing my templates.

In any case hopefully this helps someone.... it is a bit scary to have customers calling all of a sudden because they can't pay.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just noticed this too!

I can see I have lost at least 2 customers so far.

Does any one have any ideas?

- I have tried reloading a fresh original creditcard.tpl and cleared templates_c folder

- I have tried reloading a fresh original authorize.php

- No, this is not a new account / Yes, it has worked before

Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-55.0.6.ELsmp

PHP Version: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Database: MySQL 5.0.51a-community

• 2 months later...
We are having the same problem. Was there ever a fix for this?

The WHMCS documentation doesn't seem to exist for making this work, but our fix was this:

In the WHMCS "Login ID" field, we had to use our Authorize.net API Login ID. The Authorize.net API Login ID is (for us) an 11-character string of nonsense - it is NOT your authorize.net website login info. Ours looked like 2z74Jk*****.

In the "Transaction Key" field, we had to put in the Authorize.net 15-character transaction key. This key is accessed like so as of 12/23/08:

Home -> Settings link (under account) -> API Login ID and Transaction Key

From there, at the very bottom of the page, put in your secret question answer (optionally check the disable-previous checkbox) and hit next - the next screen gives you your new API Transaction Key.

We put those in there and everything was squared away. Hopefully somebody else out there finds this useful!

• 1 month later...

I have the same error where it tells me the card number is incorrect. I have tried several cards that I know works. I even deleted the installation and reinstalled and I still have the same issue. I am running WHMCS on a couple of other clients sites and I have no problem. As a matter of fact they are all running on the same dedicated server. What do I do?

Thank for any help. I am including the error log below.

Invoice ID => 1

User ID => 1

Amount => 1.00

Action => Auth_Capture

Client => ****** ******

Response Code => 3

Response Subcode => 2

Response Reason Text => Bill To Company is required.

AVS Result Code => P

Transaction ID => 0

Invoice Number => 1

Description => Invoice #1

Amount => 1.00

Method => CC

Cardholder First Name => ******

Cardholder Last Name => ******

Billing Address => **** ********** *******

City => ** ******

State => CA