Adding variables to pages

Chris Poulter

Hi,

Another quick question - any responses appreciated! I would like to add a table to the client area home page that lists the clients products/services. However, this requires the $service variable which is not passed to that page by default. Is there any way of adding this variable to the page?

All the best,

Chris

• 1 year later...
Hi,

Another quick question - any responses appreciated! I would like to add a table to the client area home page that lists the clients products/services. However, this requires the $service variable which is not passed to that page by default. Is there any way of adding this variable to the page?

All the best,

Chris

since whmcs code encrypted I can assume they assigning variables specifically for every page

so putting

{foreach key=num item=service from=$services}
{/foreach}

wont solve the problem

instead you need to get the data and assign it for specific page/template

changing the code of clientarea.php is impossible so you need to change clientareahome.tpl

lets say something like this:

{php}
//here you are searching for all services, that belongs to logged client
$result = select_query("tblhosting", "id, domain, regdate, packageid", array("userid" => $_SESSION['uid']));

while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
   //you need to find corresponding product for every row, cause it doesnt have product names
}

//then you have to assign result to a smarty variable
$this->_tpl_vars['user_services'] = $your_result;
{/php}

below in template you can use that variable {$user_services}

thats a basic code mockup, not finished, I didnt test anything, also you may try to use internal API instead, but it returns XML, so it would be harder to parse it

regards.