Problem with Adding Products & Welcome email

mnm

Hi Matt,

As the system can now handle a lot more than just web hosting I have found (what I think is) a bug.

I have created a new group which looks after Domain Names only.

When adding a new product to this group (eg. .com Domain) the welcome email can only be selected from a list of 3 - new hosting, new reseller and new dedicated account information.

I think this should not be the case. Any of those welcome emails do not apply to any of my Domain Name Only customers. I create a new domain account information message but it does not get listed in the drop down list when adding a new package.

I rekon the system should add any new message that is create as "New *** Account Information" (substitute **** with Domain, SSL Certifiacte, etc etc). So as soon as admin create a new message and the title includes the words "New (wildcard) Account Information" it shoud be added to the drop down list in products / welcome email.

If this is not possible then there must be some other way where when we create a new welcome message for a non standard product is included in that drop down box (a new tick box - include if ticked?).

Let us know your thoughts and how soon can this be implemented.

As it is now I can not use it to sell anyhting else but hosting, reseller and dedicated because my clients will get the wrong welcome email which in turn will not make it very professional.

Thanks and keep up the excellent work!! :)

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

Only Custom Hosting & Product Messages can be chosen from - not domain ones as you can't really sell these using this system - or at least you shouldn't do. It is now possible to sell just domains by going to "order.php?order=domain" so for our demo an example of this is http://demo.whmcs.com/order.php?order=domain - this way the user can proceed through the process just ordering a domain. Domains will never be able to be added to the products system as this is not how it should be, because there's no place for expiry date with products and there is a dedicated area for domains in the clients profile.

I hope that clears it up, let me know if you have any furthur questions.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Not quiet sure what you actually said :(

From the chnage log in version 2.3:

"Added support to allow the ordering of just domain names"

How can a user then order a Domain Name only we you say that it can not be done via packages and products? What am I not uderstanding here?

• WHMCS CEO

Hi nmn,

Please ready through the above post again. Domains are not designed to be ordered through the Products & Services part of the system.

I gave you the link which does a direct domain only order which was http://demo.whmcs.com/order.php?order=domain so you should modify this to http://www.yourdomain.com/yourwhmcsfolder/order.php?order=domain to link to the domain only order form on your installation which is what you should link to to offer domain registration to your clients. Documentation will be out for this in the next few weeks.

As for the welcome messages, add a custom message to the hosting messages or products messages section and these will be available to choose from in the drop down.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Ok that makes sense now. I tought that the uRL you used is just an example of a not yet implemented feature :)

And as for the new msg in Products - that worked perfectly!!

Is just that in my testing I added a new msg for Domains which of course did not show up in the drop down box.

Thanks again for your help.