What do you think?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Thats such an amazing idea!
    • Could work...I guess....
    • Are you insane?!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I posted a feature request about connecting FB like, comment stream in other areas such as the knowledgebase, advancing whmcs to detail product page and then use the FB like box and show the comment below that so prospective buyers are seeing real customer testimonials; support files section, etc. The forum thread can be found at Social Add-ons => FB Like

From a security perspective, people login to facebook from many different terminals around the world carelessly typing in their username and password. They connect using their mobile devices, office computers, public libraries, random hot spots, ect.. the list goes on. Hot spots can be hijacked by experienced hackers trying to get your information. As well you never know what spyware could be installed on any given machine.

I know I take special care logging into my hosting accounts from secure terminals I know I can trust. When it comes to Facebook I tend to look the other way.

It will be interesting to see how your clients will optimize the use of Facebook connect on your site. As well as see how you overcome the security concerns.

• 2 months later...

Would like this very much!

Security - what can they do ? Pay the bills , he he

No I understand it can be an issue, but it woul dbe nice having one login to everything but the again,

they can have it today as well. Just pick the same email and pass as your facebook login :-)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If Facebook was used simply to help gather the initial contact details for a new signup, that would already be a huge help. People tend to complete the checkout process more readily when it is simpler.

Also, using FB credits would be interesting.