Wild West Domains/Godaddy Module - TESTERS NEEDED!

chales

WE NEED TESTERS!

This module needs testers who are willing to spend a little bit of effort to get things working totally, but is otherwise being tracked for future inclusion into the WHMCS code base. (I hope)

Please let me know if you use this module, and whether or not you find it useful!

http://wiki.whmcs.com/Contribution:GodaddyModule

Read the readme.txt file, and do as it says. I will be very very angry if I get emails from people about blank emails and UIDs not being saved in users accounts. I kept the number of steps as small as possible to intentionally minimize the chance of error, but mistakes are always possible, so double check your work, and most importantly test before going live!

The module *DOES WORK*, but you do need to be methodical, and test it the first time, since it's not built into WHMCS, and does have a couple of install steps. I'm working on testing routines to make sure things are set up correctly, and that will be in the 1.1 release, but I still need testers for this one.

It should in theory work with any Wild West Domains reseller, regardless of the name, but we're running through godaddy, which is why the module got named as it did.

WOW!! Sign me up. I am rather curious though; the one coder that I found with any experience with WWD/GD API said there is a rather stringent validation that WWD/GD does before your site can connect to the live reselling account via API.

Some errors in the certifiy.php file :

$account = '' // Insert your Godaddy/Wild West Domains account name here

$password = '' // Insert your Godaddy/Wild West Domains account password here

Missing ; after each line

$account = ''; // Insert your Godaddy/Wild West Domains account name here

$password = ''; // Insert your Godaddy/Wild West Domains account password here

The certify.php file is there to accomplish that validation, and thank you bin_asc for finding that error. I modified the file before posting obviously, and didn't make sure it was error free. Just put up a fixed version of this.

(not worth re-downloading if you're already using this module)

Chales, I guess you didn't get my PM so I'll ask the question here. Why do customers need to use the Go Daddy frontend to login and check domain status if I'm using your API integration and WHMCS shows all of that? I'm going to assume that the API integration isn't fully complete and will cause me to still have to rely upon the Go Daddy site; which is exactly what I don't want to do. Also, I haven't seen any comments on my question about the API validation before allowing resellers to connect to the live site. Is this no longer a requirement with WWD?

They don't need to do it to check domain status. The main thing they need to log into the Wild West Domains site for is to complete the domain transfer process. (Either to, or away from WWD) Registration/renewal doesn't require logging into the site at all.

Regarding validation, that's what the certify.php script does for you. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, that script is an UGLY hack, but it gets the job done. I'm working on a PHP library that does the return value parsing internally, to avoid some of the ugly hacks I'm using now.

Ok, got passed the certification tests - I ended up clicking the little "certification mode" button under certification status page - script worked like a champ. Also, reset.php is missing the ";" after both $account and $password. Other than that, everything works great. All hail chales, and send this guy some cash via paypal for his hard work. I still don't care what others say, Enom and Resellerclub want too much money or past receipts to get a decent buy rate for those of us starting out. Godaddy might have a crap rep, but at least I can afford to use their reseller plan.

Ok, nevermind - got rid of Godaddy API reseller plan. These idiots won't budge from only accepting wire transfers of funds into the reseller account - which their bank (and mine) Wells Fargo charges $15 to receive and $25 to send. But no, I can't just deposit the money into their account at my bank. It looks like I'll be going to enom or reseller club and paying their astronomical fees. Unless somebody knows of a better reseller plan out there (?) Or maybe I'll just get out of this business all together... Thanks for your assistance chales.

I agree...I would like to go WWD but the API is just not worth it, and the fees are way to high for transfer. Then you have to pay Enom and those $$$ to sell thier product. Matt has it to where you can become a ResellerClub/Direct seller, so, I may look into that. However, at the moment it is not a top priority, but hope to get into this soon.

http://www.whmcs.com/resellerclubdomains.php

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
yes. It is $249 USD You can not just have the regular reseller account, you have to have the Wild West Domains Reseller API account.

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/reseller/api.asp?ci=9058

Thanx, I had a look at that URL,but can't see whether it includes any credits to use towards domains, like eNom does. So, do you have to pay for the domains separately, or do you get some credits included for the price?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Is this project still in development? I'm interested in testing the module as I have just installed WHMCS and my domain provider is Godaddy.

I have checked the wki page and I can't find a download link. Where can the file be downloaded?

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi Chales,

I have been hired to develop the wildwestdomain module for a client of mine. I would love to see the code that you had and I can build it from there. I will in turn provide you with the completed project files. I see that the module has been deleted but I am still hoping that you have the files for it.

• 11 months later...