NetEarth One, Module update in 3.6.1

netearth

Matt took care of it for me and all is great now:

The fix: A re-upload of the NEO files and a correction to the initial connection function to globalise the customers ID number for use in other functions.

Hi Tweaked,

So Matt has made a change to the module itself, in which case ill check the files and see if they are available for download.

Kind regards,

Chris

It seems that you these options are still in the thought process with no rough ETA. It would be nice to start with the "register name servers" and "change nameservers". it's a pita having to do all the configuration for each domain

Hi Chris,

Well there is no ETA as we don't have a roadmap for WHMCS, but you are quite correct, certainly the ManagedDNS scenario we are working on will take a little time to setup DNS servers in the 3 continents we are looking to place the clusters.

Regards,

Chris

Once you create unique customer accounts at NE1 and move domains to them, the 3.6.1 module seems to work. However, as soon as the customer changes his/her email address, everything is broken again?

How are we supposed to make this work properly and not cause us tons of headaches? We regularly have customers updating their email address in WHMCS. Unless WHMCS can check for NE1 registered domains when an email address is changed, and update the email address at NE1 too, we can't continue using NE1 - it's just too much hassle.

Hi Troy,

From recollection you use Directi as well, does the module update the client/registrant email address as well, when it is changed in the whmcs client area.?

I understood from Matt that the orderbox modules use the "email address" rather than the "orderid"?

Can you tell me if it is the same with your Directi setup?

Thanks,

Chris

I could be wrong, but I believe that directi has all the user accounts under the master account like neo used to do.

Correct. This is not an issue with DirectI, because it still behaves as previously - all domains are under a single customer. With the new behavior of the netearthone module, if the customer changes the email address on his/her account, the netearthone module starts having problems. It returns an error on the admin side, and doesn't show the domain details such as current nameservers on the client side.

The answer I guess is that we'll have to update the email address on the NetEarthOne side, anytime a customer with a domain registered at NetEarthOne changes his/her account email address, since WHMCS isn't doing it automatically. That's just one more thing that I'll have to keep up with. The purpose of automation should be to make these tasks simpler, not more difficult.

I just can't use the NetEarthOne module any longer in it's current condition.

Hi Troy,

I have sent the following to Matt via MSN, to make the email change when punter changes it in WHMCS: since modDetails is deprecated you would need to use the Method Name: mod in Class Name: Customer.

I am just waiting for Matt to signin.

The question above I asked re: Directi change still stands, when a customer using whmcs using the Directi module changes his email address (registrant) does this email address change in the customer account (whmcs customer at directi) for the registrant?

ie. whmcs customer account is called whmcs@reseller.com, that has a domain abc.com with the registrant email address of abcba@gmail.com, he logs into whmcs client side, and changes his email addy from abcba@gmail.com to bob@abc.com, does this autochange at directi whmcs customer account registrant email address?

Kind regards,

Chris

That is an issue that popped into my head while I was updating the clients at NOE. I was thinking so what happens when a customer changes their email address in WHMCS? Well now I know.

It looks like that will need some attention since it will break on the user if they change their main email on file with us.

Hi Tweaked,

Well its more important to make sure the registrant email address at any registrar is up to date, so the question still stands does the DirectI module do it or not? If it does, the mechanics must be there, if it doesnt, hmmmm there's another potential problem.

Matt has come back to me and stated that there's no way to run a registrar domain related function when there's a user details change in WHMCS at the current time, so that does beg the above question, I no longer have any domains at Directi to check it?

Thanks,

Chris

The DirectI module DOES NOT do it, because it's not necessary. Everything related to domain access in the DirectI module is done via the master userid, because all domains are stored under a single customer, just as NEO was prior to 3.6.1.

A customer may register a domain name on behalf of a family member, friend or business associate, and may not want the registrant email address to match his WHMCS account - so I wouldn't even suggest that be done, and it has nothing to do with this problem.

The problem is with the customer account email address at NEO. With the changes to the module which has separate customer accounts created at NEO, for domain administration that email address is apparently being used in API calls. If the WHMCS user changes his email address in WHMCS, then the NEO module starts using the new address, but the address hasn't been changed on the NEO customer record, and so problems occur.

This has nothing to do with the registrant (contact) email address, but the customer email address. I'm not sure if the API even requires the email address be sent - why can't everything be done by the numeric customer id, and then there probably wouldn't be a problem.

On the admin side, accessing the domain name starts producing this error if the user's email address has changed:

Registrar Error
Customer abc@xyz.com not found

On the client side, when you manage a NEO domain after the email address has changed, no DNS servers are displayed. However, you CAN still change contact info, which is odd.

At any rate, I hope you can understand that I don't need another layer of manual updates that I have to perform, as I have enough of those already.

• WHMCS CEO

In response to the issues raised today with email changes when using the NEO module, I am attaching an updated module file which won't be affected by client email changes. It still won't cause the email to be updated in the customer record at NetEarthOne when a change is made within WHMCS but it will mean it doesn't cause any problems with continuing to manage the domain from WHMCS.

Matt

netearthone.zip

So, this gives us a module which at least won't error out - but still has the following caveats:

1. NEO customer account is not updated along with WHMCS account updates, (email changes or anything else.)

2. If you move a NEO domain from one WHMCS customer to another, nothing changes at NEO without manual intervention (create new customer if need be, move the domain to new customer account at NEO, after doing same in WHMCS, if you want the NEO accounts to stay in sync with WHMCS.)

I'm not sure what benefit we get from individual NEO customer accounts, if the data is not synchronized with changes made in WHMCS after the fact. I just want to be absolutely clear on these items so people realize there will be a fair amount of manual work to keep things synchronized.

We switched our new domain registrations over to netearthone, primarily because of cost, there isn't too much profit anyway in domain names. But with this latest change we are going to stick with the 3.6 module. I don't like the fact I have to have my customers email addresses etc listed as customers in netearthone separately. What emails would they receive from netearthone, because if its the same as the one our own customer account receives I wouldn't like it.

We switched our new domain registrations over to netearthone, primarily because of cost, there isn't too much profit anyway in domain names. But with this latest change we are going to stick with the 3.6 module. I don't like the fact I have to have my customers email addresses etc listed as customers in netearthone separately. What emails would they receive from netearthone, because if its the same as the one our own customer account receives I wouldn't like it.

Hi Lynnette,

You can turn off all customer emails, by going to Settings, Mail preferences. Then tick the box "Do not send ANY mail to my Customers "

Thats should stop all email.

With the latest module above, there is no need to seperate out the customers now either as the module goes by email address.

We are working on a seperate Sync program that you can install which will change the email address for the customer in realtime, using the hooks built into WHMCS.

Kind regards,

Chris

netearth,

When do you project to add the features to allow clients to register nameservers such as the Enom module does?

Hi Chrisw,

I will check when we can schedule that :-) We're just working on id protect on/off feature for within the client side.

Kind regards,

Chris

No new orders can automatically be registered. I get this error on new orders. It is found in the TO DO list of WHMCS:

"Client ID xxx has paid for the registration of domain 'thedomain.com' and the automated registration attempt has failed with the following error: operation signUp not present."

I can I can only manually process the domain after I create the client is NetOneEarth. WHMCS is not creating the client so that is where the problem lies.

I see there is a new version of this module here so I will install it and let you know if it solves the issue. Thanks!

Hi, I just want to report that my issues have been fixed with the NOE module replacement Matt recently post here. New orders do indeed get automatically created now and I see no other errors.

Now just need to wait for the email possible issues if some changes their email in WHMCS.

Thanks!