Retrieving data from template

Ron Record

I have added an element to the Nav Bar which when clicked brings up a Custom Page with a template I wrote that presents the user with a form.

What is the best/recommended method of retrieving the form data when the user clicks the Submit button?

For example, my template includes a field for the user's first name as follows:

<input type="text" name="firstname" id="inputFirstName" value="{$clientfirstname}"{if in_array('firstname', $uneditablefields)} disabled="disabled"{/if} class="form-control" />

Is there an easier WHMCS way of retrieving the user's first name as entered on the template form other than the typical PHP way of something like:

// Check if the form is submitted
if ( isset( $_POST['submit'] ) ) {
// retrieve the form data by using the element's name attributes value as key
$firstname = $_REQUEST['firstname'];

Or, is it the case that $clientfirstname is passed back to the custom page along with the other form variable values?

Thanks for any help - I am fairly new to WHMCS so feel free to treat me like a child 🙂

No responses to my question but I have sufficiently resolved this. At least to my current satisfaction. The answer is yes, you can utilize typical PHP way of retrieving form data. Something like:

if ($action == "someactionthetemplateset") {
            $ca->setTemplate('sometemplateyouwant');
            $ca->addToBreadCrumb("companyuserdetails.php?action=someactionthetemplateset",
                                 'Add Company User');
            $firstname = isset($_POST['firstname']) ? $_POST['firstname'] : '';

And so on for the values from the form in the template.

There may be some $whmcs magic that is available to the module or hook in retrieving form data or variable values from a template but I do not find it in the documentation so for now I am just using something like the above.