WHMCS to QBO Sync using QBO invoice numbers

David Griffith

We use two different system (WHMCS and Autotask) which each generate invoices.  Quickbooks Online is the master accounts package that we're using so it is the one that needs to create the invoice numbers.  This can be handled with Autotask, and the WHMCS to QBO Sync module can also do this, however there is a major flaw.  When WHMCS creates an invoice, it assigns an invoice number and sends the invoice to the customer immediately.   Then the invoice goes to QBO, gets a new invoice number which is assigned back to WHMCS, but the customer has already received the invoice by email with the wrong invoice number.

Anyone any ideas on how to handle this or interested in working with me to find a solution?  I'm a developer myself so would be keen to work with someone that maybe knows the two systems well and how to work with the hooks that are available.