Payment Gateway with custom add payment method form

ccoleman

Hi everyone,

I'm developing a payment gateway with 3D secure, and running into some issues. I need to do the 3D secure authentication process when the card is added, not just on invoice capture. We process a lot of automatic payments on existing payment methods so we can't do 3D secure authentication at that stage.

I'm at the point of creating a custom payment gateway where I can't get it to engage in the 3D secure process when the card is added without a capture being performed. Is there a way to do this within the standard payment gateway? Or do I need to create a custom module to add a payment method?

Any pointers appreciated!

To give some background - I've created a standard merchant payment gateway with a _storeremote function (we do tokenised pay methods), a _capture function, and a _3dsecure function. Currently my payment gateway is storing tokens, updating and deleting cards using the token, and capture is also working. However I cannot get the _3dsecure function to be triggered. I've created invoices and paid them, while the _capture function has been triggered, the _3dsecure function has not.

In any case, even if I could get _3d secure to work on capture, I need the get 3d secure authentication working on adding tokenised cards without any capture.