Prevent downgrading configurable options if no free accounts

bernhard

Hi!

I'm quite new to WHMCS and I'm working on a provisioning module. The product I want to offer uses configurable options to represent the number of user accounts, a customer purchases. I have the following use-case:

1. My provisioning modules works with a server and a password, which i set using Server Details fields in "Products/Services"->"Server"

2. When a customer wants to downgrade the number of user accounts by setting the configurable option to from Y to X I want to check on my server, if there are (Y-X) not-used accounts it can delete. There is an API Call on the server, which i can use for this, if i have the information from (1.)

3. If there are free accounts, the workflow for up/downgrading configurable-options (upgrade.php) can proceed.

4. If there are no free accounts, the workflow shall be stopped and a warning is displayed to the customer.

To achieve this, I experimented with the ClientAreaPageUpgrade hook.

add_hook('ClientAreaPageUpgrade',1,function($vars)
{       
       $additional = array();
       $additional['confopterror'] = 'confopterrornotallowed';
       return $additional;
}

I then replaced my upgradesummary.tpl, so it proceeds only if the variable is set.

{if $confopterror}
   {include file="$template/includes/alert.tpl" type="error" msg=$LANG.upgradeExchangeAccountErrorTitle textcenter=true}
{$LANG.upgradeExchangeAccountError}
{else}
   {include file="$template/upgradesummaryorder.tpl" }
{/if}

All this works quite well. However I lack information in the ClientAreaPageUpgrade hook for my use-case:

• the product id is not available, which i need to process the hook only for a certain product
  • the customer's user information is not available, i need at least his username on my server
  • the server information is not present. neither the servername nor the password for the selected server is available.

Can anyone give me a suggestion how to handle with this?

Best regards

Bernhard