Font and .woff file

Lek

Hi,

I always worry about speed. Sometimes I worry too much but as user of internet I get annoyed from slow websites and I abandon them.

I perfectly understand that an e-commerce with cart that allow choose services and put in the cart can't be as fast as a static website.

Anyway I noted that some precious seconds of my life are taken for loading fonts also in Whmcs. In details assets/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff...

1) How can I remove completely the use of these font?

2) Can just use default fonts in browser or in css (for example font-family:arial) without download?

3) Should I remove all the css instruction referring to .woff file or there is a fast way to disable completely?

4) I try to rename the folder font to avoid the use of the font and the website apparently looks the same but anyway it use about 300ms for each 404 answer in the time frame and it does not look to me a valid solution.

Thank you in advance for any suggestion,

สวัสดี

Lek

I think you will still want fontawesome. It is where all the icons come from. fontawesome-webfont.woff is only 98kb so it shouldn't be a concern, but it will only download once and then it should cache. Perhaps there is a server configuration error?

You could change it to use a CDN if you don't have access to enable caching on your server.

Perhaps change the link to:

https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/4.7.0/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff

See: https://cdnjs.com/libraries/font-awesome

If its taking 300ms for a 404 answer to appear that would mean the latency from you to your server is 250-300ms. If this is so, then the CDN would be your best bet. Perhaps move all your static assets onto a CDN like Amazon CloudFront‎?

Hi, thank you for your inputs.

Yes fontawesome for icon I want to keep.

About the font file even if it is only 98Kb I wish to use standard Arial font.

I will try anyway to use the link to https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/4.7.0/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff well, I was thinking to do it before replay to you but got busy a little, sorry, I will try as soon.

The 300ms issue depend from where I check it. For example from Europe is much less.

Please let me know if/how can avoid to use the webfont woff.

Thank you, bye.

Lek

OK, got it.

So let's renounce to all icons of the fontawesome pack, how to remove?

Should I change all css that link to it or there is another way?

Or beside the css there are other file to modify?

Thank you,

Bye. Lek