Own invoice-generation

H29

Hi community,

this is my first post here... so: 'Hi everyone!'.

I am currently setting up my WHMCS-Installation and due to the fact I'm a professional PHP-Developer I want to customize a lot.

My current plan is to "externalize" the generation of invoices. So I do not want to generate invoices with WHMCS but with my external accounting-System. That external system has an API and it's not a problem for me to implement it.

I'm asking here if someone did this before (to use own, external invoice-system with WHMCS) or anybody has thoughts on my project because you are much more experienced in WHMCS than me.

A little bit more in detail I thought about implementing an InvoiceCreation-Hook to send details of the order to the API of my accounting-Backend (and thus creates the invoice and PDF). The details-page then will be overwritten by an ViewInvoiceDetailsPage(invoiceid)-Hook that just displays the correct PDF. The text of the invoice mail will be changed to "Please take a look into your customer area".

I'm struggling to prevent WHMCS from attaching the self-generated invoice to that invoice mail and - to reduce CPU-Load - prevent WHMCS from generating invoices at all. Any thoughts on this?

Thank you all in advance and have a nice day.

Keep doing great stuff