Dev license problems

taenzerme

I have a problem with the development license.

My setup on my local macbook uses MAMP Pro to host the local dev setup of WHMCS. The IP of the server changes depending on the office I work in (we have 2 separate office with different subnets, i.e. 192.168.10.x and 192.168.11.x) served via DHCP automatically, so the IP changes from day to day. When I try to reissue the license I get an error: "This license key is not allowed to be reissued“.

I can’t use the local IP (i.e. 127.0.0.1 or ::1) as this does create an error 500 with AJAX post requests in WHMCS. I testes this intensively and using a real IP like 192.168.x.x the error does not come up. With the usage of static, real Ips the license error comes up.

I would have to reissue the license everytime I switch offices, which can happen multiple times a day.

I understand that WHMCS has to fight piracy, but their license system is one of the most annoying things I've seen in software protection in a long time.

What to do? How does everyone handle WHMCS development like this?