Integrating with an external API

robulus

Hi everyone,

first time poster and new user of WHMCS. :) I've been asked to integrate a Registrar API into WHMCS and was hoping to get some pointers as to the right way to do it.

I can see the example Registrar Module - which, as a test I've installed in WHMCS, and shows up in the 'Domain Registrars' section of the site with the new name I give it. (by the way, there's a syntax error in the RegistrarDevKit.zip's template.php sample file which i've notified WHMCS about, and a ticket's been raised to correct it, it's just a missing semi-colon).

The next step I assume is to start developing the set of functions that the template provides - for example _RegisterDomain _TransferDomain etc.

However, how do I go about using the credentials listed in the _getConfigArray to be used as some elements of XML I'd want to send to an API endpoint? Let's say I want to just test a login to the external endpoint. There doesn't seem to be a section in the template where a connection can be established to an API endpoint URL. So I don't know how to test a connection/see the XML being sent to the API.

Apologies is this is not precise, I'm just learning about WHMCS so please, be gentle - any and all constructive feedback would be very appreciated.

Rob.

Hi,

I'm a bit new too, but if I understood correctly each "_function" is passed the argument $params and within this you have your configoption1, configoption2, configoption3. In the same order you specified them in the "_getConfigArray" function.

You can just do: die('<xmp>'.print_r($params, true).'</xmp>');

At the top of your function and see whats in there :)

Hope it helps.

Thanks for taking a look pgullbault, I very much appreciate it. I'll use the code snippet you mentioned - my problem really is how do I trigger code like that.

I've got a development instance where I've setup pricing, a payment gateway and a new client to test from within WHMCS, and from there have put in the sample registrar using the provided template. It does show up, I enable it. In the template there's a _RegisterDomain function that apparently I've got to fill in with my own implementation - which is fine, but the problem I have is, I don't know how to trigger what's in there.

If I just choose Orders->Add New Order->filling details for a registration->price calculated->submit order then it doesn't look like that test code is getting activated. Similarly when I settle the registration payment. So basically I don't know if something is overriding the registrar account I've set up, of if what I'm trying to print to screen is ending up in a log file somewhere. If I knew some sequence of actions would trigger that code I could start trying to figure out how to send xml back to the API endpoint etc - but for the moment I'm working blind.