Changing default behaviour / extending existing base views.

mvmoay

Hi guys. Hope you can help me. I am fairly experienced with PHP and I need to extend WHMCS' functionality for our setup. I searched for information about how to do this and am now going with addon modules - seems to be the only way, if I got things the right way?

The guide which is provided in the official documentation (http://docs.whmcs.com/Addon_Modules) seems to hold some useful information, I also read about the internal API, which also is nice to have and well documented. But there are some basic things I want to do for which I just can't find any documentation. May somebody can point me to the right direction?

1) I want to extend the client view with some input fields. For example: invoice via email or not (checkbox), yearly billing on a specific date (checkbox and date field). Where can I add custom inputs there (and bind them to my modules SQL table content...)? I found the AdminClientProfileTabFields, but is this hook there to add additional fields or do I need to build the entire form there? This would definitely break compatibility with some other modules...

2) I want to have a yearly billing functionality other then yearly prorata. Foreach customer, I want to be able to choose one date where all outstanding billable products are billed. For this, I'd need to extend default behaviour and overwrite the things that are triggered with a cronjob. There should not be an invoice that is created automatically but I want to do that via cron someday in the future. How can I change what the cronjob does? The action hooks I found do not allow me to do that, as far as I can see...

I'm very thankful for any hint! :-)