Is {$product.pricing.minprice.price} displaying the correct information, or did I mess up things?

-M-

I noticed something weird (probably just me though, like always) when I was running some tests.

On most orderforms the variable {$product.pricing.minprice.price} is used.

I understood this, as it would show the lowest available price (per month) for a particular product or service.

For most of our products or services customer's can select payment per year or quarterly. If they pay per year, they would receive a 10% discount. This amount is already included in the pricing in WHMCS.

So I would exect that {$product.pricing.minprice.price} would reflect the lowest price (translated to) per month. That would mean that (in most cases) the yearly price (divided by 12) would be shown. Right?

Now what I am shown is the price quarterly (translated to 'per month'), but shouldn't it show the lowest price available for it instead? That's how I interpreted the variable {$product.pricing.minprice.price}.

I checked {debug} and it's indeed showing the quarterly price, instead of the annually price (in months). So apparently, I understood {$product.pricing.minprice.price} incorrectly?

I tested a few things while typing this, but if I use {$product.pricing.cycles.annually} it shows the annually price per month (including the discount).

Anyways, could have kept this post way shorter, but wanted to show what I meant, is {$product.pricing.cycles.annually} safe to use on the products.tpl page for this case?

Thank you! :)

//updated

Did some extensive testing and apparently {$product.pricing.cycles.annually} is working without issues. Consider this solved, or if you have any recommendations, do share.

Edited by MvdL1979
Ran some extensive testing...