Question about suspensions and late fees

badrocks

The documentation doesn't provide a lot of information on this and I haven't found much searching the forums. I have a couple questions that hopefully will clear things up for me. I provide hosting, domains, and ssl certs for my clients but the bulk of my billing is for hourly programming (billable items). I have the automation settings configured to send out invoices, reminders, late fees, suspensions, and terminations at different intervals. For the most part this has been working pretty well. Now for my questions.

Do the suspensions and terminations only affect products/services that are recurring? Will it ignore one time charges like SSL or billable items?

If it affects non-recurring items then what will it suspend or terminate?

Does it only suspend or terminate the product/service that has gone past the time period set? Or does it suspend all products/services for that client?

Is it possible to set late fees by product/service?

Thanks for helping me get this all straight.

Since I had no responses here I opened a ticket and asked support. Just in case somebody else ever has the same question I will add their response here:

> Do the suspensions and terminations only affect products/services that are

> recurring? Will it ignore one time charges like SSL or billable items?

Automated suspension/termination for overdue payment is based upon the Next Due Date of the service. One-time and Free products do not have a Next Due Date, so will not be subject to suspension/termination.

Fixed-Term products work slightly differently and will be terminated x days after the Registration Date: http://docs.whmcs.com/Products_Management#Auto_Terminate.2FFixed_Term

> If it affects non-recurring items then what will it suspend or terminate?

N/A

> Does it only suspend or terminate the product/service that has gone past the

> time period set? Or does it suspend all products/services for that client?

Just the specific service which is past due.

> Is it possible to set late fees by product/service?

Regrettably this is not currently a feature of WHMCS. However we welcome feature requests online at http://requests.whmcs.com

Feel free to register and submit this as a new idea.

In the meantime you may find a member of our community has developed a solution for this, so it would be worth searching our App Store: http://www.whmcs.com/appstore/