WHMCS API - Create Invoice for a specific Client Product

ksjagan

Hi

I wish to create an invoice for a specific client product, via WHMCS External API. Seems there are 2 options:

1. API:Create_Invoice
  2. API:Gen_Invoices

Question 1:

Create_Invoice seems not to allow specify the ServiceId of the Client Product. Am I correct? Is Gen_Invoice the only to create a Invoice for a Client Product?

Question 2:

Gen_Invoice allows specifying ServiceId(s), but before I update the line items using a subsequent Update_Invoice API call, a zero cost Invoice is generated and auto-paid. Even emails are sent to the customer stating that the Invoice is Paid (again with zero cost).

Question 2 (a): Is there any way in which I can prevent the zero cost Invoice from being generated?

Question 2 (b): Regarding the email that is sent to customer, there is a 'noemails' parameter in GenInvoices API call. But how to request WHMCS to send the mail, after the line items and cost have been updated via a subsequent Update_Invoice API call?

Thanks

Jagan