Tweak viewcart.tpl to Show Totals

jesflow

We have two main product groups. We created different Order Form Templates for each group. The product pages have been tweaked and make sense for each product group type however, the view cart/checkout page order details section could use some help.

Group 1 = Hosting - products are set to monthly or annually and work great / look fine in product pgs and cart.

Group 2 = Websites - payment for these is half now, half in 30 days. So for an example, if a website product is $500, there would be $250 due now and $250 charged again in 30 days.

The product pricing tab is set to:

One Time/Monthly - $250

Recurring Cycles Limit 1

so they would pay $250 now and be auto charged $250 in 30 days for a total of $500.

PRODUCT PAGE:

On our product page template, I edited products.tpl and the language file so the pricing column shows:

Package Total: $500.00 USD (template showing Package Total $500 by multiplying the monthly fee x 2)

Deposit Due Today - $250.00 USD

Balance Due in 30 Days - $250.00 USD

I need to show something similar in our cart / checkout page.

CART PAGE:

Hosting - if someone chooses hosting or something with unlimited Recurring Cycles, we would like to display specific text in the product Description row:

Product Name

$19.99 per Month displaying: product price field and specific text for unlimited Recurring Cycles

and in the Total Recurring row:

$19.99 per Month displaying: product price field and specific text for unlimited Recurring Cycles

Website - If someone chooses a website or other product that is recurring for a specified number of Recurring Cycles, we would like to display a different text in the product Description row:

Product Name

Package Total: $500.00 USD displaying: Package Total: (total of product price field x number of recurring cycles)

$250.00 per Month for 1 Month displaying: product price field (per month for) number of recurring cycles (Months)

and in the Total Recurring row:

$250.00 per Month for 1 Month displaying: product price field (per month for) number of recurring cycles (Months)

I'm having trouble finding the code to display the number of recurring cycles / do the math with the number of recurring cycles specified for that product & and then how to display the correct info for each product group type like unlimited vs specified recurring (beyond changing the text for like monthly, bi monthly or custom language strings created in custom english.php.

If I am over complicating and there is an easier approach, by all means, let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated!