WHMCS WP Integration vs WHMCS Bridge WordPress Plugin?

visualtron

Has anyone used WHMCS WP Integration from WPMU DEV or WHMCS Bridge WordPress Plugin.

I've tried the free version of WHMCS Bridge a year ago, while it was under Zingiri, the original developer and discovered it has been "sold" to i-plugin. I know Zingiri provides good support and even has a forum but I'm a bit skeptical about i-plugin, especially when the pricing for pro has changed to an annual subscription instead of a one-time license.

I'm a WordPress newbie. I need to place WHMCS portal under my WordPress website. Single sign on is not required but may even be a security problem. The free version of WHMCS Bridge appears to do this well, except I found one critical problem - I'm not able to detect client ip address from the smarty template.

The following returns the server IP address instead of the client IP address.

$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

I know the Pro edition is able to fix the IP address issue, but I'm not prepared to pay a yearly subscription that is more expensive than my WHMCS subscription, especially for my simple requirement.

So I continued searching and found WHMCS WP Integration from WPMU DEV which is quite new in fact. I didn't notice this plugin a year ago. WPMU DEV has an impressive website but there's no free trial or free version that I can try. WPMU DEV offers a monthly subscription of $19 which works out to be four times more expensive than WHMCS Bridge over the period of one year. According to WPMU, I can choose to terminate the subscription after one month.

But my experience with WHMCS tells me that I'd be forced to perform a major upgrade of WHMCs every 18 months or so due to security fixes. I'm concerned if the WP integration will break after such upgrades and I'll need to renew the subscription. In addition, Wordpress also needs to be upgraded regularly due to security issue!

Note: I've not tried WPMU DEV's WHMCS WP Integration as there doesn't appear to be a free trial available? Please correct me if I'm wrong.