Possible to modify Support Ticket From Field

wrender

I was just wondering if anyone would know if it would be easy to modify the support ticket's from field to show emails coming from the agents name.

For example, when we respond to support tickets, it comes from "Support <support@ourcompanyname.com>", instead we would like the tickets to be more personalized and come from the agent that is currently signed in. For example "John Doe <support@ourcompanyname.com".

Would anyone know if this would be easily achievable?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey wrender,

Unfortunately there is not a way to mask the from field on emails that are being sent out on ticket replies etc.

The only way to actually do this, which is kind of a medieval workaround, would be to edit the support department to show the agents name.

So this would not be a proper workaround.

You might be able to use a hook though, (however untested):

http://docs.whmcs.com/Hooks:TicketAdminReply

Hope this helps.

Let us know as this might be something another member of the forums might benefit from.

• 5 months later...

Thanks WHMCS Chance. It would be a really nice feature to have. With other Support Systems I have tested you can turn on "friendly email from names" on tickets, or disable them.

I am not that experienced of a programmer. Would anyone out there now how to do this? We would be happy to pay for this feature.