WHMCS' Cookies

TrophyNode

Hello everyone! This is my first post, so sorry for asking a question right off the bat.

I was wondering if I could get help with pulling information from WHMCS' cookie for my main HTML page. I am wanting to make a login field for the index page, but When they log in, I want it to display "Welcome back, {INSERTNAMEHERE}!" and then have links going to the client area, support tickets, etc.

I know it is possible, Just can't figure it out. Here is an example of what it will/would look like: http://puu.sh/71lM1.png

I will be using a different theme/style to display it, but that is what I am going for.

You have two options. Either use jQuery and an ajax call to a custom php script and keep your page static, or make the page a php page itself.

Either way you will have to use a session and a db call to query the clients name from the userid in $_SESSION.

This info is not stored in a cookie. The cookie only stored a reference to a session ID which is a server side data file holding the session state of that user.

Regards

Hello everyone! This is my first post, so sorry for asking a question right off the bat.

I was wondering if I could get help with pulling information from WHMCS' cookie for my main HTML page. I am wanting to make a login field for the index page, but When they log in, I want it to display "Welcome back, {INSERTNAMEHERE}!" and then have links going to the client area, support tickets, etc.

I know it is possible, Just can't figure it out. Here is an example of what it will/would look like: http://puu.sh/71lM1.png

I will be using a different theme/style to display it, but that is what I am going for.

The following is what I use and it seem to work fine for me... It is a php page. Oh btw, it is worth mentioning this: In case you are trying to do this across sub-domains then the following will not work... I spent days trying to figure that out and finally realized WHMCS does not support "php session" across sub-domains.

Provided you have http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs as your install path and your "other page" is located on some where like http://www.yourdomain.com/otherpage.php the following will work:

<?php
//use include not require... we don't want to display an ugly error message
include( "whmcs/dbconnect.php" );

//secondly check the session to see if user already logged in.
if ($_SESSION['uid']) {
$query="SELECT * FROM tblclients WHERE id='" .$_SESSION['uid'] . "'";

/*$result = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());*/
//As above we could have used the die to display an error here.. but again visitor should not see an ugly error. 
$result = mysql_query($query);

if($row = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_ASSOC)) {
$clientsdetails['firstname']=$row['firstname'];
$clientsdetails['lastname']=$row['lastname']; 
}
//not interested in any other variables from the above table except the ones below...
//$firstname = $row['firstname']; //store first name
$clientfullname = $row['firstname'].' '.$row['lastname']; //store first and last name
echo "<li><a class=\"iconSmallClient\" href=\"logout.php\"><strong>Logout </strong>$clientfullname</a></li>";
} else {
echo "<li><a class=\"iconSmallClient\" href=\"login.php\"><strong>Client</strong> Login</a></li>";
}
?>