Pull some code form custom field on profile page to make href on summary page.

intelweb

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to this so please go easy :)

I have been using WHMCS for a while as it makes life easy for a novice such as myself.

I have a little understanding of coding but nothing on par with some of you guys. I know this job is relatively easy and will potentially only take a few minutes to impermanent but unfortunately i haven’t the knowledge, hence why I’m posting on here.

Basically i have created a custom field which is showing up on the "Client Profile" page.

I have created a link on the "Client Summary" page but i was wondering if this link on the client summary page could be pulled from the website address i put into the custom field i have created in the profile:

EG: Currently my custom field on the profile page reads "AdWords Group"

I wish to add a website address into this field (without the http:// as WHMCS will not allow me to add this into there for some reason, I’m guessing security).

I then need to be able to click on my summary page, then by clicking on the link that says "Google Adwords" (See Attachment) it then just does a target blank, href to the webpage i have added into the custom field on the profile page.

Also, the link would need to add the https:// as the site i need to access won’t come up unless i have https:// in there.

So the href link would need to be something like {"https://" + "the url"} (which i have added in custom field box)"

Hope this make sense,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

whmcsforum.jpg

{php}
$userid = $this->_tpl_vars['clientsdetails']['userid'];
$result = mysql_query("SELECT value FROM tblcustomfieldsvalues WHERE relid=$userid AND fieldid=###");
$data = mysql_fetch_array($result);
$value = $data[“value"];
echo $value;
{/php}

Just change ### with the field id. and put that on the template which you want to show the link on.

It should work however I did not test it. If you want a paid help please post on Marketplace forum and you will get a quotes for a lot of WHMCS professionals to help you on this.

Hi

Many thanks for the reply.

I have tried adding the code on the clientsummary.tpl file, as detailed above but it seems to bring back a blank screen for some reason. Should i be putting the code above inside any html tags or anything?

I believe my custom client field is 24? so i tried adding the code as follows, would this be right:

{php}

$result = mysql_query("SELECT value FROM tblcustomfieldsvalues WHERE relid=$userid AND fieldid=24");

$value = $data[“value"];

echo $value;

{/php}

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

I will also post in the marketplace as suggested too in case anyone can help for a small fee. thanks

Hi

Thanks again for the reply.

After following the instructions above i get the error message as follows:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting ']' in /home/admin/templates_c/%%28^287^28710B50%%clientssummary.tpl.php on line 110

Thanks again

Can you please check what is in line 110 on the template file.

I believe it says:

<tr><td>{$_ADMINLANG.clients.creditbalance}</td><td>{$stats.creditbalance}</td></tr>

whmcsfo1.jpg

Thanks again

Mark.

PS: I notice in the error message it says:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting ']' in /home/admin/templates_c/%%28^287^28710B50%%clientssummary.tpl.php on line 110

When checking I dont seem to have a "home/admin/templates_c" folder

I have "home/templates_c" folder which includes an index.php file in there?

This is the whmcs root/admin folder (which i presume is "home/admin")

whmcsfo2.jpg

Thanks again.

I will need to have a closer look at the installation to find the cause of error.

It could be that you are checking the original file now which don't have the code I gave your. Add the code again and check the error and find on that line what is the code.

I suspect that there is a PHP code at that line. now it is just smarty syntax.

Thanks intelweb.

Just for who want to use the same thing, this is the code:

{php}
$result = mysql_query("SELECT value FROM tblcustomfieldsvalues WHERE relid=$userid AND fieldid=###");
$value = $data['value'];
$this->assign('fieldlink',$value); 
{/php}

Then just use

{$fieldlink}

as a normal smarty variable.