Add On Development Questions

XFuse

I am working on an add on but finding that some of the information that I need is missing form the docs. I am learning this process as I go so please forgive me if I have missed something.

Example,

Using the modulelink variable passed into the output function, you can then create links and forms that post back to your module. The modulelink will be in the format “addonmodules.php?module=xxxxxx” so for links you can then append “&var1=x&var2=y” or with forms you can use the POST form method to receive user input.

Within the output function you can then check the $_GET or $_POST variables received in the request in order to display other output or perform various tasks once links have been followed.

How? Can anyone please explain this to me a bit more? I understand that using $modulelink will take you back o the module itself but what if you want to use $modulelink&page=settings. How does this work? How can this be done so that it points to another php file?