What part of WHMCS is responsible for updating the expiry date on domains?

wolvyreen

Hi,

I am using a local registrar in my country for .co.za domain names. They are using a new EPP system. They have provided a domain registration plugin to interface with their API that then accesses the EPP system.

What i have found is that when auto-renewing the domains after the invoices are marked as paid, the "Next Due Date" is updated properly for another year but the expiry date is not affected at all.

Also, Domains that are in Expiry status are not updated to Active again after payment. I have to manually go and updated the domain name to Active. (NOTE: this is only if there is an outstanding invoice for an expired domain)

My question is the following: is the plugin responsible for updating the Expiry date or is WHMCS responsible for updating the Expiry?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

wolvy

Hi Wolvyreen,

Not an expert but from what I gather the way the module works is that it request information from the registrar and then stores that information within WHMCS. So in your case I think your best bet is to contact the module authors and send them a bug report as it seems their module is not functioning as you expect and not WHMCS.

Hope that helps.

Lloyd