Upgrade Function of WHOIS.PHP to use Nominet DAC/OpenSRS XML

ebmocwen

Hi,

I'm sure this has already been done however i'm having problems finding a readymade solution.

The Domain Checker appears to check for domain availability using WHOIS services. This is great for a default method however what about those of us who have Nominet DAC or XML API access to our registrars?

Problem:

Checking .UK domain names using basic WHOIS is limited to 1,000 per rolling 24 hours per server IP

There are two possible solutions:

1) Implement WHOIS2 for .UK domain checks, this will limit the search to 1000 per rolling 24 hours per client IP. A massive 1000 lookups per day per client

2) Implement Nominet DAC (Domain Availability Checker) to perform domain lookups. Limits are very high, in the hundreds of thousands per 24 hours.

I'm unable to find a module that adds WHOIS2 or Nominet DAC support to WHMCS.

On a separate note, for non-UK domains eg OpenSRS or ResellOne, is there a module that will use XML/API for domain lookups. ie. Can we bypass the standard whois.php with our own lookup function?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.