Bug or what ?

FH-Vlad

Hi guys,

I am working on server module for integration with CCP. So far so good ... everything works as it should except one thing - saving back custom fields using internal api call. Here are the details ...

PHP code to call api:

$values3['clientid'] = $params['clientsdetails']['userid'];

$values3["customfields"] = base64_encode( serialize( array( "CCP_username"=>$newuser ) ) );

$result3 = localAPI( "updateclient", $values3 , WHMCS_ADMIN );

Right after that I had the content of arrays emailed to me. Here they are:

Values

(

[clientid] => 11

[customfields] => YToxOntzOjEyOiJDQ1BfdXNlcm5hbWUiO3M6MTU6InZsYWRpbWlyLTExLTcxNCI7fQ==

)

Result

(

[result] => success

[clientid] => 11

)

If you decode customfields, you'll get: "a:1:{s:12:"CCP_username";s:15:"vladimir-11-714";}"

So ... the api call went through without error. But when I check user 11 in WHMCS admin panel, the custom field "CCP_username" is empty. I have looked into the database to see what happened.

Here's the "CCP_username" in tblcustomfields dump:

(12,'client',0,'CCP_username','text','CCP Username','','','on','','on','on',0)

And here's what was generated in tblcustomfieldsvalues after that api call:

(0,11,'vladimir-11-714')

Now ... shouldn't that be (12,11,'vladimir-11-714') ? Obviously, something is not right ... either I am doing something wrong or there's a bug. WHMCS had been updated sometime late December to 5.1.2.

Any comment ?

It is the way it's supposed to be used, look at the example for the Add Order command and you will see it's the same:

http://docs.whmcs.com/API:Add_Order

However, I do agree that it's a stupid method to use as you would have know the unique ID of the field to update it and there is no call to actually map the ID to a friendly name.