Integration with 2Checkout

has27

Hello,

I am having two problems with integrating with 2Checkout.

1. Recurring payments. If I have a cart in WHMCS with a one-off payment and a recurring payment it lists in WHMCS as eg £10 one-off, £5 recurring. Total to pay now: £15; total to pay in future: £5. Proceeding to 2Checkout to pay gives me a single one-off payment of £15 and no mention of recurring.

Within WHMCS, on the redirection page, there are two buttons which appear very, very briefly: 'create automated recurring subscription' and 'make one off payment'. They are there only fleetingly. There isn't time for a user to click them, however if I really know what I'm doing I can click on the 'create automated recurring subscription' and get through to the page on the 2Checkout site which allows the setting up of the recurring payment.

2. Currencies. I want to use two currencies, GBP and USD. I set my product price to £10 (GBP) and $15 (USD).

In 2Checkout's admin pages I have to set the currency in which I'm working. I've set this to GBP.

When I put a £10 product through it comes out as £10 on 2Checkout.

When I put a $15 product through it comes out as about $23 - ie it takes the amount of 15, assumes that's GBP, then converts it to USD with its own conversion rates.

Obviously this is wrong and I'm missing something here. I want £ payments to come out in £ and $ payments to come out in $ and not to have £ users paying in $ or vice versa.

Am I doing something wrong? I can't work out what, if so. It's infuriating; I bought WHMCS because it was supposed to 'just work' and this bit of it isn't!

Thanks,

Hamish

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Hamish,

On the recurring issue, in your WHMCS settings for 2Checkout, you can tick the "Force Recurring" option to automatically create the recurring subscription on all recurring products that are passed in to 2Checkout. This way the buyer does not have to click the 'create automated recurring subscription' button.

Unfortunately the currency issue will require an update to work properly. 2Checkout has always only allowed 1 pricing currency per account so the total passed in from WHMCS had to be in the same pricing currency. To help to overcome this limitation WHMCS does have the option "Convert To For Processing" under the 2Checkout configuration so that you can convert the total to your 2Checkout pricing currency before passing it in to 2Checkout. We (2Checkout) recently added a new parameter that your can use 'currency_code' to override the pricing currency that you have setup at the account level on a per sale basis which will resolve this issue.

WHMCS has always been really great when it comes to providing solutions for 2Checkout sellers such as adding 2Checkout recurring support back before we offered a parameter set that allowed you to dynamically pass in recurring lineitems. We have contacted WHMCS with the details on what would be required to add multi currency support and hope that it will be added in the future.

Thanks,

Craig

2Checkout

This has help me, as far as the recurring fees go.. Now that a have ticked the force recurring option.

However, is there a way to change the descriptions shown on the 2CO payment page

At the moment it shows something like:

Recurring payment £1.50 monthly

Setup fee: recurring payment £14.99

The setup part seems a little missleading to my.. Imwould prefer something like "One Off Payment £14.99"

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately the currency issue will require an update to work properly. 2Checkout has always only allowed 1 pricing currency per account so the total passed in from WHMCS had to be in the same pricing currency.

Is there an update available for this issue ? We have the same problem - the option "Convert To For Processing" in the built-in 2CO module is not a solution as 2CO uses a different exchange rate...

Thanks !