Looking to edit support ticket form page for only one department

righttoo

Hello

Is there a way I can edit the support ticket form file for only one department. My site is offering a service that requires custom fields and detailed information from the client and I would like to make some edits to the code on this page but still have the other departments look the same.

I know the support form code is in templates/default/supportticketsubmit-steptwo2.tpl. I'm just no sure how to edit this code for one department and also keep the original code for the other departments. The ioncube code in submitticket.php is making it hard for me to figure out how to duplicate the form code. Could I use an (if else statement) or something for this. Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nicholas

Hello

Is there a way I can edit the support ticket form file for only one department. My site is offering a service that requires custom fields and detailed information from the client and I would like to make some edits to the code on this page but still have the other departments look the same.

I know the support form code is in templates/default/supportticketsubmit-steptwo2.tpl. I'm just no sure how to edit this code for one department and also keep the original code for the other departments. The ioncube code in submitticket.php is making it hard for me to figure out how to duplicate the form code. Could I use an (if else statement) or something for this. Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nicholas

Hi Nicholas,

You can add custom fields to a support department via your WHMCS Admin panel.

Once logged in, you can find it in:

Setup > Support > Support Deparments > Click on the edit icon for the department in question > Custom Fields

Hopefully this will do what you want it to.

Hello

Thanks

Nicholas

Ok, I figured out how to have more than one support ticket form template using (if , else statement).

{if $department eq "Design Center"}

<form name="submitticket" method="post" action="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?step=3" enctype="multipart/form-data" class="center95 form-stacked"></form>

{else}

<form name="submitticket" method="post" action="{$smarty.server.PHP_SELF}?step=3" enctype="multipart/form-data" class="center95 form-stacked"></form>

{/if}

Its working good for me

• 2 weeks later...