Read-only custom client field

I've created a module that tracks some extra data about clients. I want to show this data on the client profile page in the admin area, but it has to be read-only as admins must not make changes. My first thought was to just create a custom template that displays my data as static text, but it looks like customizing the admin templates is not supported (boo - that'll make a lot of things we have planned much harder).

My next thought was to create a custom client field and only show it in the admin section. I haven't checked yet, but I assume there is some way for my module to set the value of that field. What I don't see how to do, however, is make it read-only. Is there some way to do this?

Thanks.

Ah, I just found the admin templates. I missed them before, and when I found a post here telling someone else that similar modifications to the admin pages are not possible, I assumed it still held true.

It looks like I can do just what I need. Wonderful!

For anyone else looking for this functionality, here's a link to the relevant section of the docs:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Admin_Area_Template_Files

Unlike the docs page about the client-area templates, this one isn't listed in the contents, making it trickier to find. But it is there, linked off the Developer Resources page.

Edited by thesba_rewilliams
Add link to docs