Chart documentation for Reports (v5.1.2)

Nicholi3

I have been creating several customized reports with good success. I have also begun adding charts as part of the reports to make recognizing trends easy. I have been using the handful of chart examples coded into the default reports in v5.1.2 to study the various parameters and chart types available. I have adapted the charts and used them successfully, but find there are things I want to do, but do not know how.

I could not find any WHMCS documentation on the charting capability in the Reports area - other than the report examples. Is there any Chart documentation available? Does WHMCS's charting use a 3rd party charting library that would have documentation available elsewhere?

Specifically, one thing I'm trying to do is force the y-axis scale on a column chart to start at 0 and possibly also set a maximum instead of defaulting to a min/max based on the data in the chart. It would seem this might be possible using the $args array, but it's not clear how to do so without documentation on what parameters the $args will accept.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hi Nicholi3,

WHMCS is using the Google Visualization API.

Unfortunatly the WHMCSChart object does not support every feature (yet?), because I tried to add a "vAxis: { minValue: 0 }" to the options.

But I found a (bit dirty) workaround:

At the end of your report file, add the following line:

$reportdata["headertext"] = strtr($reportdata["headertext"], array("var options = {"=>"var options = { vAxis: {minValue: 0},"));

That will include the vAxis minValue=0 to the options, after the WHMCSChart has created the javascript code that will calling the Google Visualization API from the browser.