Updating Templates for 5.1

MickeP

I'm lost, frustrated and annoyed...

Not being an extreme expert in this, I have anyhow managed to make my own template for the client area, after having put lots and lots of hours with it.

Now I upgraded from previous to this new version of WHMCS and my template doesn't work at all anymore - I'm by some reason being redirected to the "default" template, without any form of notice neither on the screen or in the whmcs logs!?!?!? wtf!?

I read the changelog and I've tried to copy all the mentioned .tpl files from the default template to my custom template (with overwriting) since they were the only ones altered. No difference. If I pick up the files in templates_c folder (after emptying it first) I can read in those source files in line 1 & 2 something like:

/* Smarty version 2.6.26, created on 2012-07-12 23:41:14

compiled from <pathremovedbyme>/wwwroot/templates/default/clientareahome.tpl */

Note that /default/ is in the path - not /mycustomtemplatename/ as configured in WHMCS General Settings, under the General tab, under the "Template" dropdown. However, changing the dropdown to the other templates (classic, default, portal) works perfectly so it doesn't seem to be some general error with this function.

I even tried to add ?systpl=mycustomtemplatename in the url after the <baseurl>/clientarea.php - but still the default template is used.

What the heck should I do with my custom template to make it work again?

The changelog says that X number of files are changed - and as mentioned, it doesn't even help if those files are used in my custom template either. Are there any more files that are changed but was forgotten to tell about in the changelog - or are these incompatible with previous version of the .tpl files? (The last statement shouldn't be true since it then would mean that MORE files would be altered and mentioned in the changelog).

Am I missing something here?

Are there any way to debug why the system uses the default template instead of mine custom one? Or any log file somewhere?

I'm running everything on Windows platform (2008 R2, IIS 7.5, PHP v5.3.10, MySQL v5.5.23) if that matters in the case.

Please help or advise - I have no idea where to search/debug.

Ps! Will it be like this with every single minor version update in the future? I would actually almost accept it for major version upgrades (if it were giving any template advantages in any way) if it were well documented on pre hand. Ds!

I had this problem on my testing server and was stuck for some time. Took about an hour to work it out but I bet your theme name has either an underscore or another symbol in it.

I had to change mine from IPSleek_v2_3 to ipsleekv23 to get it to work.

Give it a go and let me know if this solved it for you too....

Duhh! Yep - that was the issue! Thank you SO very much for that suggestion. I had named my template the same as my domain name, including the dot and tld. Renaming it without the dot made it work again - and you've really made my day! :-)

And I was under my impression that I've read the changelog pretty well, but obviously I missed something about this. Or maybe they didn't even tell about it...

Very happy now - I would probably never had came up with that idea at all by myself... Big appreciations!