Set a domain in the cart to be a packages domain

I run my WHMCS with a package that requires a Domain. If the client registers a domain, during the order process, there is a possibility to delete that domain that has previously, during the order process, associated with the package.

What I'd like to have, is that the package is then also deleted or maybe a warning displayed.

I managed to do this simply by checking if the $products array contains a product which doesn't have a domain which exists in the $domains array.

However, this seems to conflict with the case in which a client selects "I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain." during the domain selection step.

In this case, exactly the above applies and hence I'd remove the package, which obviously, I don't want to do.

However, there doesn't seem to be any data available (as far as I can see with {debug}), that would allow me to handle these two cases differently.

Any ideas on how I could get this done?